• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Let's Go PENS!

Maybe DD will have a good game plan like he did in the Semis and bronze medal games at the Olympics?

If the Pens finish this meltdown and exit the playoffs Disco Dan needs to be fired. there is no reason for this bullshit yet it happens almost every year.

Seems like hamster and the rest of us have been watching entirely different things over the years.

If they lose this series, it should be enough to go into a different direction, i.e. show Dan the door. Bad showing in the conference finals last year, haven't been to the SCF since '09 and to lose this series with a 3-1 lead(2 games at home)? Yikes! A lot is riding on this Game 7. Saying that, the Rangers have the Pens right where they want them. The implosion is almost complete.

Heard Mario had a one on one session with Sid after the game - heads gonna roll

Heard Mario had a one on one session with Sid after the game - heads gonna roll

I would like to have been a fly on the wall in that meeting.

Sid became unhinged again - he can't handle frustration

Josh Yohe @JoshYohe_Trib
When I left the Penguins locker room, two people remained: No. 87 and No. 66.

embarrassing

same half-*** lazy unwillingness to play hard - they keep looking for the easy goals, yes, you Neal - you suck

I thought they learned their lesson in the 1st rd - - guess not

Last edited:
They expect everyone to bow down to their greatness and simply let them win.
So tired of seeing the usual suspects having a hissy fit every time the going gets a little tough.

According to an article I read, the owners are NOT happy at all with any of what's going on, and it's not just coaching.

Pen are back to being the Meadowlarks, looking for the pretty goals, playing soft and sloppy. 1 goal a game won't win much.

Lundqvist is in a zone, he doesn't give up cheap goals like Fleury

Every team that has scored first wins

I hadn't felt so confident about the Pens chances in years heading into Game 5....then St Louie's mom died and it gave them a huge boost.

Shoot the damn puck.

All was cool until this, the kiss of death for this team. Not so sure they can recover.

Game 7. We got this. Rangers are a good team, period. The fact we were up 3-1 has everyone all the word is ending. Have they played like ahit leat two games, ******* right they have. Were the rangers pulling together for teammate that lost his mother on Mother's Day....yup. Pens aur need to do what got them this far. Soid defense and continue the shots on net. They will go in. Sid, take a breath, shoot the puck don't worry about trying to be fancy.

Once we win this bring on the next.

Sid became unhinged again - he can't handle frustration

Nope, and it's getting old. I thought as the years went on he'd let go of some of that nonsense, apparently not. The "superstars" should know by now that winning doesn't get handed to them. But, they do a lot of moping and coming unglued instead of rising to the challenge.

One man doesn't make a team. But, .....to me he is a good reason we are where we are. Does he need to man up and play better you bet. But what about half the other "points scorers" on this team?

SEASON GP G A P +/- PIM PP SH GW S S%
REGULAR SEASON 80 36 68 104 18 46 11 0 5 259 13.9
LEAGUE RANK 114TH 7TH 1ST 1ST 47TH 175TH 8TH 137TH 28TH 12TH 97TH
PLAYOFF STATS 12 1 8 9 -3 4 0 0 1 36 2.8
LEAGUE RANK 16TH 102ND 5TH 13TH 287TH 120TH 69TH 14TH 10TH 7TH 190TH

.....damn , that stats sheet didn't post very well.

One man doesn't make a team. But, .....to me he is a good reason we are where we are. Does he need to man up and play better you bet. But what about half the other "points scorers" on this team?

SEASON GP G A P +/- PIM PP SH GW S S%
REGULAR SEASON 80 36 68 104 18 46 11 0 5 259 13.9
LEAGUE RANK 114TH 7TH 1ST 1ST 47TH 175TH 8TH 137TH 28TH 12TH 97TH
PLAYOFF STATS 12 1 8 9 -3 4 0 0 1 36 2.8
LEAGUE RANK 16TH 102ND 5TH 13TH 287TH 120TH 69TH 14TH 10TH 7TH 190TH

.....damn , that stats sheet didn't post very well.

Oh, there's no doubt Sid is not alone in his lack of production. Neal has been practically invisible and Kunitz has only appeared in spurts. And then last night, guys who had been playing well, like Martin and Bortuzzo, had big brain farts. Maatta has either hit the wall or is finding out how big of a learning curve the playoffs are. Bennett hasn't worked out the last two games either. But as the leader, Sid needs to be rounding the boys up, not throwing fits.

If the team puts forth the effort and gets beat by a better team, well, that's sports. But to go out there and play lazy, uninspired, disinterested, undisciplined hockey two games in a row with a chance to close out a very tired team speaks to a larger problem. Something is rotten with this team. Every other team in the playoffs is working their ***** off. The Pens seem to be taking games off. Short of winning the Stanley Cup, I think Bylsma is history. I think there is a good chance Shero won't be far behind. Hell, he should be fired for Suderi's contract alone. I figure most of the players will survive any purge until a new coaching staff and GM figure out what they have with their system. Gonna be an interesting offseason.

Anyone catch the end of Bruins-Habs? Pretty cool watching Lucic and Iginla gang up on the smallest opponent they could find. Scumbags. I hope Montreal closes those ******** out.

yeah - Habs were all over them in front of the net

Tuukka was no Hank - 4-0 final

Game 7 coming up for them too

oh dear

RANGERS G LUNDQVIST FINED $5K FOR SQUIRTING WATER ON CROSBY

NEW YORK -- Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist has been fined $5,000 for emptying his water bottle onto Sidney Crosby while the Pittsburgh Penguins captain was involved in a scrum in front of the New York net.

After the buzzer sounded following the second period of Game 6 on Sunday night, Lundqvist casually skated behind Crosby and sprayed him with water while Crosby was down on the ice. No penalty was called.

The league punished Lundqvist on Monday night for unsportsmanlike conduct.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=452006

Sid's best revenge is hitting the back of the net.

I take it that when you wear the "B", you turn into a scumbag. Iginla has the reputation of being one the good guys, but he was a punk tonight. Don't like the Habs, but I loathe the Bruins. Hope they get bounced Wednesday night. This has nothing to do with the Pens, either. I'd still watch the Rangers/Habs.

Does Pierre have a raging hard on for a Rangers/Bruins matchup or something? While he normally credits the Rangers for screwing up when the Pens have scored in their series, tonight he did the same with the Bruins essentially saying they gave the Habs the entire game. And after the gooning he's like, "Just a message, you may have won tonight, but we're going back to Boston." No ****, Pierre, Montreal wants it to go back to Boston, that's why they just blanked their *****.

We need someone camped out in front of the net and we need someone to be an enforcer. When they take illegal shots (even when not called) at Sid, someone needs to punish whoever did it. We need to play smart tonight but very aggressive - not desperate but very aggressive. Oh, and Fleury needs to stop the shots he should stop.

Geno has spoken. It's over. Evgeni Malkin: “We know we can win tomorrow and we do it." Yeah baby, I'm score.

If the team puts forth the effort and gets beat by a better team, well, that's sports. But to go out there and play lazy, uninspired, disinterested, undisciplined hockey two games in a row with a chance to close out a very tired team speaks to a larger problem. Something is rotten with this team. Every other team in the playoffs is working their ***** off. The Pens seem to be taking games off. Short of winning the Stanley Cup, I think Bylsma is history. I think there is a good chance Shero won't be far behind. Hell, he should be fired for Suderi's contract alone. I figure most of the players will survive any purge until a new coaching staff and GM figure out what they have with their system. Gonna be an interesting offseason.

Well said. Shero is good at making the big free agent rental splash acquisitions that we know haven't really worked out so well here for the most part. But not so great it appears at assembling a tough, talented core or supporting cast.

Anyone catch the end of Bruins-Habs? Pretty cool watching Lucic and Iginla gang up on the smallest opponent they could find. Scumbags. I hope Montreal closes those ******** out.

Not to mention the one Broon (can't remember who) firing a rile shot at the face of a prone defenseman.....in what certainly looked like and was called by the talking heads as intentional.

"These are the ones you dream about playing," Bylsma said. "This is one we're going to remember."

No doubt.....who forgets the last game they ever coached?