• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Looking at the rest of the season

• Thread starter Thread starter POP
  • Start date Start date
P

POP

So, yea, tough break with Ben's knee, but not season ending.

Let's say he can be back after 6 weeks, and what will likely be left with the rest of our season.

Pats - L. I feel it was gonna be an L any ways, so this doesn't bother me that much. 4-3.
Bye - comes at a good time for our walking wounded.
@Ravens. They are not that good, but without Ben, an L. 4-4
Cowboys - L. Dak and Elliot and their OL are legit. That rushing game is gonna run us over. 4-5.
@Browns. I'm not counting it as a gimme. But let's call it a W. 5-5.
@Colts. We're still gonna have Landy Jones as our QB? L. 5-6.
Giants. This is our "Remember the Alamo" moment, if we are ever to have one. If Ben is back, we win. 6-6.
@Bills. Could be our season ender. I picked the Bills (and Raiders) as my sleeper pick. Bills are getting good. L 6-7.
@Cinci. Some how pull off a win. 7-7.
Ravens. W. 8-7.
Browns. W. 9-7.

Will that be good enough to get in? Could we win the div. at 9-7. It's gonna be close.

It sure would be nice to have a back up QB better than a warm cup of piss. I am putting this season on the front office for being too stubborn to admit Jones sucks. I can't stand when this team makes decisions based on ego protection. I hate it so much.

Look at Dallas. Having a back up with a HOPE of being decent makes all the difference in the world. But the Steelers had to prove Jones was a wise decision. They are smarter than everyone else. Just ask them.

he'll miss two weeks
pretty sure this **** was discussed in at least 4 of the other threads on the first page of this forum.
thank you for making yet one more

even with Ben back after NE, they very well still could lose to BAL and DAL, as well. That is a potential 4-game losing streak. Will the pitchforks be out in full force then?

he'll miss two weeks
pretty sure this **** was discussed in at least 4 of the other threads on the first page of this forum.

That is what "die hard fans" are for. He makes some legitamit assumptions and discusses our STEELERS in a logistical knowledgeable way. I don't see us losing to the Ravens or the colts. 11-5 as an oppertunistic STEELERS fan I am.

Salute the nation

even with Ben back after NE, they very well still could lose to BAL and DAL, as well. That is a potential 4-game losing streak. Will the pitchforks be out in full force then?

They are out in full force if we don't get a stop or TD on the opening drive

Let's say he can be back after 6 weeks, and what will likely be left with the rest of our season.

Pats - L. I feel it was gonna be an L any ways, so this doesn't bother me that much. 4-3.- every loss bothers me, but not seeing a win here
@Ravens. They are not that good, but without Ben, an L. 4-4- Ben will be back but he usually sucks it up coming back from injury, I will give the rats a W here
Cowboys - L. Dak and Elliot and their OL are legit. That rushing game is gonna run us over. 4-5.- Coming off two losses this team will be motivated. In a close one, I give this to the Steelers.
@Browns. I'm not counting it as a gimme. But let's call it a W. 5-5.- lol Cleveland Browns.- Steelers win
@Colts. We're still gonna have Landy Jones as our QB? L. 5-6.- Colts D sucks this year , Steelers win
Giants. This is our "Remember the Alamo" moment, if we are ever to have one. If Ben is back, we win. 6-6.- Steelers in a close one
@Bills. Could be our season ender. I picked the Bills (and Raiders) as my sleeper pick. Bills are getting good. L 6-7.- Steelers have a slight set back and in a close one L
@Cinci. Some how pull off a win. 7-7.- Rebound and late season usual better play -Steelers W
Ravens. W. 8-7.- Steelers revenge game Steelers W
Browns. W. 9-7. - lol the factory of sadness Steelers W

Will that be good enough to get in? Could we win the div. at 9-7. It's gonna be close.

It sure would be nice to have a back up QB better than a warm cup of piss. I am putting this season on the front office for being too stubborn to admit Jones sucks. I can't stand when this team makes decisions based on ego protection. I hate it so much.

Look at Dallas. Having a back up with a HOPE of being decent makes all the difference in the world. But the Steelers had to prove Jones was a wise decision. They are smarter than everyone else. Just ask them.

10 - 6

A playoff victory

a second playoff loss........

Last edited:
and that is a little off from my original 12 and 4 prediction

injuries are a mother ******

and that is a little off from my original 12 and 4 prediction

injuries are a mother ******

I'm still holding out for my 11-5. Not sure where the 11 wins will come, but we may get surprised by laundry. Our OC needs to game plan a game with the talent we have and have the flexibility to alter as a game progresses. Our DC needs to find a mentor.

Salute the nation

Losses for every game Ben misses, plus his first one back, then W's for the rest. Our schedule is actually isn't too bad after the Dallas game. And that one's at home so as long as Ben has his "shake the rust off" game before the Dallas game, he should light "dem boyz" up too.

So.. if he's back for Baltimore, 12-4

Can I just say I ******* HATE how predictable Ben is? Great at home, less great on the road, terrible on the road against bad teams, terrible in his first game back from injury.

You can take all these to the bank. Every time. He is the most predictable player in the league if you follow his career

Last edited:
he'll miss two weeks

Hey, thanks for the sarcasm and unnecessary attempted ridicule.

This post detailed how the rest of the season might go, with addressing the rest of the schedule. I didn't see that covered elsewhere. But anytime you want to go out of your way to be uncool, go for it.

Yep... looks like 9-7 or 10-6 to me.

You can't throw games away like Miami on the road as 7 1/2 point favorites.

And that's assuming we sweep Cleveland and split with Baltimore and Cincinnati, going 4-2 in division (which is good by the way).

But New England is surely a loss. At Buffalo is looking tough with major playoff implications (a loss would almost surely mean a #6 seed if we don't win our division).

That means it comes down to Giants (home), Dallas (home) and Indy (away). Go 1-2 and you are 9-7. Go 2-1 and you are 10-6.

Still nothing to be excited about entering the playoffs. But it's not a losing season!

I am confused by the various reports. Some are saying back after bye. That would be much better than 6-8 weeks off.

If he really is back by Ravens game, I see them going more like 11-5.

By the way, as some others have noted, we are also looking at getting back Heyward, Shazier (for how long, who knows), Golson (No idea if he'll be worth spit), Gilbert (both of them), Wheaton, Rogers, Coates.

Gilbert, Rogers and Coates were active and played yesterday. So they are already back. Golson is on IR, and is probably gone for the year barring Dupree's return.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

All we have to do is beat the teams in our division. And our division sucks!

Pats - L. I feel it was gonna be an L any ways, so this doesn't bother me that much. 4-3.
@Ravens. They are not that good, but without Ben, an L. 4-4
Cowboys - L. Dak and Elliot and their OL are legit. That rushing game is gonna run us over. 4-5.
@Browns. I'm not counting it as a gimme. But let's call it a W. 5-5.
@Colts. We're still gonna have Landy Jones as our QB? L. 5-6.
Giants. This is our "Remember the Alamo" moment, if we are ever to have one. If Ben is back, we win. 6-6.
@Bills. Could be our season ender. I picked the Bills (and Raiders) as my sleeper pick. Bills are getting good. L 6-7.
@Cinci. Some how pull off a win. 7-7.
Ravens. W. 8-7.
Browns. W. 9-7.

You can pick your friends.
And you can pick your nose.
But you can't pick your friend's nose.

11-5. Maybe Landry has something in him(wishful thinking) any given sunday(monday, thursday)

I would say don't count your chickens before they hatch. Ben was less than great a few games this year. Hopefully they can fish a win or two out with Laundry in the game till Ben gets back. I am not saying he is done but suspect age is starting to affect him a little bit with nagging injuries from time to time. There will be stretches where he throws a great accurate ball and others where it is sailing high or wide or what ever. I think this might be just little bangs and bumps messing with his mechanics in some small way that affects his accuracy.

I have little faith in Laundry but hope for the best where he is concerned.

Our biggest issue seems to be with the defense and guys muffing some assignments. It is tough to say who failed on a coverage but there were times a coverage was blown more than a player being beat. If a defender gets confused and starts to cover the wrong guy which is what looked like happened on more than one occasion somebody will be so wide open I might have been able to complete a pass to them. That is what happens with the younger guys sometimes and we have all seen it this season. There are also guys that are not great players getting lots of snaps because we do not have replacements for them.

You always have to count Ben's missed games, plus his first game back from injury, as potential losses. He almost always plays poorly his first game back from injury.

10-6 will be the best we can do and maybe more like 9-7. A loss next week guarantees we won't get even a bye in the playoffs. The best we can hope for is to win our division. We still have the upper hand right now but it will be a tough road with Ben missing 2 to 4 games.

I see 9-7. Must win the division. 9-7 might not be good enough to earn a wid card spot.

You always have to count Ben's missed games, plus his first game back from injury, as potential losses. He almost always plays poorly his first game back from injury.

You've got that right. He outright stinks in his return games.

For this game against the Patriots, I'd almost treat it as an extra bye week for the injured players. No need to rush anyone back, our chances of winning are slim to non and we have a lot of important games ahead that we need to win. Give all the injured and banged up players two weeks off, getting healthy is more important than going all out to try to be competitive vs. the Pats. Now I'm not saying don't try to win but I'd be resting players that need the extra week off.