• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Toronto Van Attack

Elfie needs to fire whoever at the DNC is feeding him this bullshit.

That manifested itself in the choice of a .22 caliber bullet to decrease recoil as well as to allow the soldier to carry more ammunition than would be possible with the previous generation of .30 caliber rifles. And as a bonus that .22 caliber bullet because it's so small and fragments easy, tends to cause serious cavitation once it gets inside a human being so it might not kill him, but the damage is horrendous.

See how that critical thinking stuff works?

Yeah, we see how that CRITICAL thinking works

tenor.gif

I would like to thank you for your intelligent contribution to this thread. I was unaware we were sending our troops into combat using .22 ammunition. Thank you for learning us on this sensitive subject, of which you have displayed your supreme awareness of the issue.

Lol.....can't make it up...................

I'm not talking about .22 rimfire you clown. The NATO 5.56 is only slightly larger than the .223 it came from. And the .223 is just a few thousands of an inch larger than a .22 rimfire in circumference, so it's basically a .22

You seem to forget that I've mentioned many times that I am a gun owner and pro 2nd, I also help design weapon interfaces for a living. Granted nothing to do with small arms, but we have used small arms in several tests against our land based systems from Vietnam era M-60s, SAWs, and different versions of the M16 to H&K's older .308 G variants(7.62?)

.22 caliber ammunition that fragments. What does The Hague Accord say about "Dum Dum" bullets. The.223 used by the military is copper jacket lead with a sintered iron core. It doesn't fragment unless it bounces off of steel or concrete first. The .223 round was chosen because it's the lightest round that has the mass and velocity to kill a man at 300 meters.

It sure as hell fragments when the bullet yaws, now the M855 round has a smaller fragmentation envelope as opposed to the newer M855A1, but it will definitively fragment when going through tissue. The A1's steel core is for penetration of light armor etc., but for the most part doesn't change the fragmentation characteristics of the lead encased in the copper jacket when hitting tissue or bone.

Lol.....can't make it up...................

I'm not talking about .22 rimfire you clown. The NATO 5.56 is only slightly larger than the .223 it came from. And the .223 is just a few thousands of an inch larger than a .22 rimfire in circumference, so it's basically a .22

You seem to forget that I've mentioned many times that I am a gun owner and pro 2nd, I also help design weapon interfaces for a living. Granted nothing to do with small arms, but we have used small arms in several tests against our land based systems from Vietnam era M-60s, SAWs, and different versions of the M16 to H&K's older .308 G variants(7.62?)

your words
That manifested itself in the choice of a .22 caliber bullet

you said soldiers use .22 caliber ammunition and they don't.....neither 5.56 or .223 are considered .22 caliber so stop this bullshit

Indoctrination does nothing as a substitute for critical thinking skills.

Example: Black people kill other black people in almost every single case (other than cheating wife/ husband etc.) because of their economic status, as a result of the generational systemic racism that initiated it and fosters it to this day.

Systemic racism is a myth, or better yet a copout.
After the creation of every economic, and social program imaginable, the blame for the economic status of blacks in 2018 can only be placed at the feet of blacks themselves.

So whats left? Ah yes of course, popping up from time to time... those reparations. Out of the goodness of your LIEberal bleeding heart, how much of the fruits of your labor would you be willing to spare...you would be willing to spare right?....after all, its because of "systemic racism".

"Systemic racism"...didn't seem to keep your hero Obama from becoming president, nor did it keep Ben Carson from becoming a doctor, or Neil deGrasse Tyson from becoming an astrophysicist, or from Maxine Waters becoming an *******, or the many black news anchors, lawyers, actors, etc...from being what they ******* wanted to be..

Gee Elfie if reparations don't work..which it wont.. what's left?
I propose a one way ticket back to the continent of their ancestors where they would fare much better amongst spear chuckers and grass hut dwellers.

your words

you said soldiers use .22 caliber ammunition and they don't.....neither 5.56 or .223 are considered .22 caliber so stop this bullshit

Yeah but, they're kinda close in size so, elfie is right again! See how that works?

Translation: I spoke out of my ***, now I'm trying to back it up by saying "well this bullet is kinda sorta similar to this bullet so that's what I meant, ummmm, yeah.

FYI...the .22 rimfire is not close to a .223. See below. While the .223 is small, there is still a SUBSTANTIAL difference between the .223 and the .22.

main-qimg-03df6fad48a6597b18f01d0dae913018-c

Hey I said "the soldier" instead of " a soldier"

You got me Tim, never mind the relative points of my post.....you win.

See above, dipshit, asshat clown. Me laughing at you had nothing to do with what you just said. It had everything to do with your idiotic, stupid comment indicating US Soldiers carry the .22 caliber into battle. LMFAO

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS **** UP.

Translation: I spoke out of my ***, now I'm trying to back it up by saying "well this bullet is kinda sorta similar to this bullet so that's what I meant, ummmm, yeah.

FYI...the .22 rimfire is not close to a .223. See below. While the .223 is small, there is still a SUBSTANTIAL difference between the .223 and the .22.

main-qimg-03df6fad48a6597b18f01d0dae913018-c

See above, dipshit, asshat clown. Me laughing at you had nothing to do with what you just said. It had everything to do with your idiotic, stupid comment indicating US Soldiers carry the .22 caliber into battle. LMFAO

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS **** UP.

I never said they carry a .22 into battle, I said the M-16's ammo is basically a .22 bullet in circumference.

Keep grasping at straws champ.

And they are close enough in circumference that you can fire a .223 out of a 5.56 M series. You should not fire 5.56 military ammo out of a .223 consumer sporting rifle though unless you absolutely know the specs because depending on the powder mixture/pressures you could end up having a really bad day.

I never said they carry a .22 into battle, I said the M-16's ammo is basically a .22 bullet in circumference.

Keep grasping at straws champ.

And they are close enough in circumference that you can fire a .223 out of a 5.56 M series. You should not fire 5.56 military ammo out of a .223 consumer sporting rifle though unless you absolutely know the specs because depending on the powder mixture/pressures you could end up having a really bad day.

bullshit

Ar-15's have only one purpose and one user intention in mind by it's designer(Eugene Stoner by the way) and that is to kill or mame as many human beings as efficiently as possible. That manifested itself in the choice of a .22 caliber bullet to decrease recoil as well as to allow the soldier to carry more ammunition than would be possible with the previous generation of .30 caliber rifles. And as a bonus that .22 caliber bullet because it's so small and fragments easy, tends to cause serious cavitation once it gets inside a human being so it might not kill him, but the damage is horrendous.

which part of this doesn't say they are carrying .22 caliber rounds into battle???

I never said they carry a .22 into battle

You absolutely, clearly said this. You and Flog probably shoot semi-automatic 30-30 rifles on weekends for fun right?

Learn me some more, please. Can you fire a .22 round out of a .223/5.56 weapon without failure on a repeated basis?

Learn me some more, please. Can you fire a .22 round out of a .223/5.56 weapon without failure on a repeated basis?

The caliber is only .003 different, so, clearly, they are, practically, interchangeable. The fact that the cartridges are significantly different is 100% irrelevant.

You absolutely, clearly said this. You and Flog probably shoot semi-automatic 30-30 rifles on weekends for fun right?

Sure Tiny Tim. You've lost the argument so all you are left with is conflation and semantics, hell you even have some of your fellow travelers helping you.

So what exactly did I say they carry: .22 long rifle, short, bird shot, magnum.......what?

You know exactly what I was talking about, but carry on exposing yourself.

You buffoons don't even realize you're all being taken behind the wood shed for a epic beat down. Elfie wins yet again.

The caliber is only .003 different, so, clearly, they are, practically, interchangeable. The fact that the cartridges are significantly different is 100% irrelevant.

Or that the bullet itself is longer....right clown?

I was contrasting the difference in circumference vs. the previous generation of U.S. .30 calibre rifles.

Carry on though, we know you got nothing else.

A .223 is a .22 caliber bullet. A NATO 5.56x45 is a .22 caliber bullet. The .223 and 5.56 are center fire cartridges, while .22 is rim fire. Both are .22 caliber.

The .223 and the 5.56 use the same jacket. Difference is in powder loads mainly. I think the actual round is different as well.

Sure Tiny Tim. You've lost the argument so all you are left with is conflation and semantics, hell you even have some of your fellow travelers helping you.

So what exactly did I say they carry: .22 long rifle, short, bird shot, magnum.......what?

You know exactly what I was talking about, but carry on exposing yourself.

There really is no argument. You were attempting to state facts.

We are two pages into people beating you down on this point. No one had a clue, as usual, what you were saying, save for the fact that everyone saw you step right in it.

giphy.gif

A .223 is a .22 caliber bullet. A NATO 5.56x45 is a .22 caliber bullet. The .223 and 5.56 are center fire cartridges, while .22 is rim fire. Both are .22 caliber.

The .223 and the 5.56 use the same jacket. Difference is in powder loads mainly. I think the actual round is different as well.

The round is very different. A .22 bullet is much smaller than either the .223 or the 5.56/45. They have much longer, heavier and deep set bullets. The only thing they have in common is a close (.003) diameter. Other than that they have nothing in common.

The round is very different. A .22 bullet is much smaller than either the .223 or the 5.56/45. They have much longer, heavier and deep set bullets. The only thing they have in common is a close (.003) diameter. Other than that they have nothing in common.

You might be surprised to learn that I work on military weapons almost daily, so I am not ignorant on the subject. The point is that .223 and 5.56 are .22 caliber. Period. I get it isn't the same as a .22, doesn't change the fact it is .22 caliber.

Last edited:
You might be surprised to learn that I work on military weapons almost daily, so I am not ignorant on the subject. The point is that .223 and 5.56 are .22 caliber. Period. I get it isn't the same as a .22, doesn't change the fact it is .22 caliber.

I have never heard anyone, in common speech, say ".22 caliber" when referring to .223/5.56.

I know who you are and I wasn't arguing with you. I was commenting on the end of your post that says:

I think the actual round is different as well.