• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

A harbinger of where college sports is going, too.

SojournerSteel

Reaction score
Mike Gundy's star players threaten to sit out the season because he posted a picture of himself with an "OAN" t-shirt while fishing with his sons.

(They've also tried to get several racial brush fires started with Dabo Swinney's program)

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/oklahoma-state-star-sit-out-coach-mike-gundy-oan-shirt

Oklahoma State running back Chuba Hubbard, a Heisman Trophy award candidate, threatened to sit out of all team activities after seeing a picture of head coach Mike Gundy wearing a shirt promoting One America News Network, a right-wing station.

"I will not stand for this.. This is completely insensitive to everything going on in society, and it’s unacceptable,” Hubbard wrote on Twitter. “I will not be doing anything with Oklahoma State until things CHANGE.”

All-Big 12 linebacker Amen Ogbongbemiga quickly supported his star teammate.

“I stand with him!” Ogbongbemiga tweeted.

As did offensive lineman Treven Jenkins: “As an O-line we stand and support Chuba.”

Since taking over the program in 2005, Gundy had a 129-64 overall record with one Big 12 title. He recently described the controversial content of OAN as “refreshing.”

Not hard to see where all of this is going. If you are a white, conservative fan who happens to support DT or question the MSM as in Gundy's case, then you are not welcome in major college and pro sports.

"Tolerance and diversity" only extend one way as we all know.

We need to vote with our money and feet and stop supporting these clowns.

Last edited:
Part of me wonders if this was another set up to "send a message."

Think about it? Who is Mike Gundy? An unapologetic redneck and the only person in 2020 still sporting a mullet for crying out loud. I'd put the odds at 50/50 that he has a classic IROC-Z with t-tops and 350 in the garage.

He'll be forced to back track and renounce his rights to free opinion in his off hours just like Drew Brees.

Samson just got his locks shorn.

I mentioned Dabo. He has been assailed for "not correcting" an assistant who used the "N word" in practice -- repeating it in order to tell another player to stop calling another player the "N word." (permissible when it's black on black of course as rap music teaches us)

That's how Orwellian things have gotten.

I suspect a number of the good ole boy type coaches will go through varying degrees of perp walks, teachable moments, and Humiliation Rituals in order to build the New Social Order and sports religion paradigm.

No infidels allowed.

Last edited:
If these people who are always getting attacked would as a group just start telling these SJW groups and every media outlet they talk to, that they can go **** themselves and then continuing to offend them, this **** would die out. It's the like the bully when someone finally stands up to them. They will slink away and find an easier target. If enough people did it, things would start to change for the better.

Things have gotten way out of hand. This kid will not stand for his coach wearing an OAN shirt? The correct response from the university would have been something along the lines of "We don't understand what you are outraged by, however we take you at your word so your scholarship is cancelled and you are no longer on the football team."

Rather than moving towards a color-blind society, we are racing towards one that is hypersensitive to the black race, which should do wonders for race relations.

And one assumes that if a player or coach is found wearing a CNN shirt, he or she will be suspended for 4 games? Ya?

a few years ago when ESPN was at it's most woke, they tried to get Dabo removed from Clemson. He is a proud Christian and Clemson has team prayer and many players kneel in prayer. There was a movement to try to get him removed for forcing his views on players.

They looked high and low for a player to tell them that they were being forced to pray or else they'd get benched. The opposite happened. There were several players who did not choose to pray and they said it was totally optional and there was no pressure to do it. Then Dabo won a Championship and that all went away.

If you are a college coach, your job depends on recruiting young black men to play for you. Some groveling is a job requirement now.

Paying players is coming and that will kill many programs. Small programs are done. Small schools used to get kids by offering playing time. Better to start at Akron than ride the bench at Ohio State for years. But now maybe it’s better to ride the bench and get paid at Ohio State (officially anyway) than to play for free at Akron. Or maybe you play 1 good year at Akron and then big schools bid on you t9 transfer.

ESPN would love this. Look at how they already screw teams over in bowl selection. A non-power 5 team has no chance. ESPN would much rather cover a sport with about 15 perennial powerhouses then another maybe 20 teams that are good every so often. They rest are just fodder that are paid no mind.

The most important point is that OAN just reports the news. They don’t tell it with lies and bias like the fake news msm does.

Which is crazy because the media rater bs deemed them not credible due to spreading conspiracy theories on some OSU website. The kowtowwing to the student (ha) athlete was disgusting. Completely disgusting.

This is such garbage.

https://oklahoman.com/article/5664892/osu-football-chuba

OSU football: Chuba Hubbard says relationship with Mike Gundy 'a work in progress'

by*Jacob Unruh

Published:*Thu, June 18, 2020 12:36 PM*Updated:*Thu, June 18, 2020

STILLWATER — Oklahoma State star running back Chuba Hubbard said Thursday morning that his relationship with coach Mike Gundy is “a work in progress.”

Making an appearance on ESPN’s “First Take,” Hubbard spoke candidly about the past week, his relationship before and after with Gundy and his reaction to the One America News Network T-shirt Gundy wore in a photograph.

“Me and Coach Gundy’s relationship is a work in progress,” Hubbard said. “He’s admitted to his faults, and he’s trying to move forward. I see that as a positive first step.”

Hubbard said even before Gundy’s shirt that their relationship was a work in progress.*And Hubbard is still holding Gundy accountable.

“Every relationship has bumpy roads, whether it’s a good relationship or bad relationship,” Hubbard said. “Coach Gundy has done a lot of good things, so I will not just shut out a man for one thing he did, but he did do wrong and he’s going to have to make up for that.”

Hubbard said Monday that he would no longer participate in OSU activities after he saw Gundy’s shirt on Twitter.*Several current and former players supported Hubbard. That evening, Hubbard and Gundy filmed a video together with Hubbard apologizing for not going to Gundy personally. Gundy did not apologize, but said there would be changes.

On Tuesday, Gundy issued an apology video.

But what those changes are remains private.

“Bettering the experience for a Black student-athlete,” Hubbard said about specific changes. “I want athletes to come into Oklahoma State — and really every university — and be proud to go through there and say, ‘I’m a Black student, Oklahoma State represented me well and I represented them well.’

“I won’t go into complete specifics on exactly what we want changed as a team, but I’ll say this, we want a better experience for Black student-athletes and we want to encourage people to use their voice and use their platform for good. That’s the biggest thing.”

© Copyright 2006-2019*GateHouse Media, LLC.*All rights reserved**•**GateHouse News

Can't wait to hear the demands. College football players are already given favorable treatment. They get to register for classes before others so they get any class they want. They get free meals. Free housing. Free laundry. Free tutoring. Free shoes. Free clothes. They also get treated like stars all around town.

Society has absolutely gone mad.
Sensitivity is at an all time high. This whole participation trophy culture is all grown up and demanding **** at tax payers beck and call.

I'm ******* disgusted with my own generation for raising these little monsters. My kids both got participation trophies every year for every sport neither of them ever gave a **** about them if they didn't win anything because we never made a big deal about them.

Can't wait to hear the demands. College football players are already given favorable treatment. They get to register for classes before others so they get any class they want. They get free meals. Free housing. Free laundry. Free tutoring. Free shoes. Free clothes. They also get treated like stars all around town.

Free "tutoring".. hahaha yup. More like free answers to tests. Most of these guys can't put together a full sentence and they are getting passing grades in all their classes because of "tutoring". Yup. They sound like Joe Biden talking in his basement.

This all makes me realize how little I miss sports. How many of you really miss it? When it comes back, it will be thrown in our faces every time a game is on. Combine that with the fact that I haven't really missed it, I may be done. The true test is going to be those cold, ****** November or December Sunday afternoons. In recent years I haven't watched as much football in Sept/Oct as I used to...fishing and hiking and so forth to do. Can i get through Nov/Dec/Jan and not watch?

Also, I guess old Chuba there is infallible. He never did anything wrong. Gundy did nothing wrong, but I guess this kid thinks he's perfect, so if you are starting there, everyone is wrong in some way or another.

Funny, ll that doesn't bother me that much. College sports is rotten to the core, the big ones anyway. Quit insulting my intelligence and tell me it's about an education. Maybe it should all go away. F it. Why should some kid's tuition go up to pay for a football team and the multimillion dollar head coach? When the hell has all that ever been right?

Funny, ll that doesn't bother me that much. College sports is rotten to the core, the big ones anyway. Quit insulting my intelligence and tell me it's about an education. Maybe it should all go away. F it. Why should some kid's tuition go up to pay for a football team and the multimillion dollar head coach? When the hell has all that ever been right?

it’s pretty simple. Sports are great fundraising for schools. Not just at ticket booths but as fundraisers for alumni. Some schools go too far with it and they are nearly bankrupting themselves just to win games, it some schools do it right, make money, and raise the prestige of their school in the process.

Sports are not the reason why tuition keeps going up. It’s because of federal student aid. Years ago, students had to actually pay for school with savings and some loans. Now there are grants and loans are given to anybody who signs their name. In other words, universities were able to raise their price because the market was no longer dictating the price. Most colleges have lowered their standards so that just about anybody can go to college now.

Too many people are going t0 college. They are getting worthless degrees and finding themselves in huge debt and still without any real skills. There are now tons of college graduates who are going to trade schools to learn to weld or cook, because it’s a marketable skill un;I,e their degree in some bullshit liberal arts area.

This push to pay athletes will backfire, as do all liberal ideas. If you are truly on the side of the poor athlete, the shouldn’t your goal be to see that there are as many scholarships as poss9ble? I know that the scholarship gets pushed aside as nothing, but in reality, that is the real payment. It’s on the players if they’re don’t take advantage and get a good degree.

When they start paying players, many of the smaller schools will start dropping some sports programs, particularly football which is expensive. Poof! There’s 85 fewer kids getting scholarships each year. For what? So that the fewer number of athletes get some walking around cash.

yes, it will be a great deal for the student athletes that remain. But isn’t it a huge net loss if that mean that literally thousands of kids who would have gotten a free education, are now not in college at all because so many programs were cut?

Hubbard said. “Coach Gundy has done a lot of good things, so I will not just shut out a man for one thing he did, but he did do wrong and he’s going to have to make up for that.”

What did he do wrong?

The woke generation rears it's ugly head once again.

With so many sports being dominated by African American athletes, get used to it. Like it or not they have the power to make or break many sports.

I do miss sports, but between the political stuff and all of the covid precautions it's not going to be the same for sure. I had hope for a vaccine but even that is going to be turned into something political. Some will say the government can't force me to get it. Some will say Trump rushed it through and his dumb statements on the medical stuff have completely eroded any trust in him.

I see no end in sight. Depressing.

Last edited: