• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Chargers game is going to be a tough matchup

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if the Chargers are favored to win in PIT this weekend. Their front 7 and pass rush are elite led by Bosa and Mack. They have both Ravens RBs in Gus and Dobbins (who had a killer game today). They can score and have a great QB.

If the Steelers can't score next week, it will be very tough to win this matchup. By far the toughest matchup before the bye IMHO.

Tomlin usually wins these type of games.

Durpee's back in the Burgh next week

how bad was Herbert hurt today? I think he came back into the game after getting rolled up on...but he could still have issues this week
Tomlin does have a history of losing against the Kelly Holcombs and Tim Tebows of the league. I’m not sure going against Stick is quite the lay up

I wouldn't be surprised if the Chargers are favored to win in PIT this weekend. Their front 7 and pass rush are elite led by Bosa and Mack. They have both Ravens RBs in Gus and Dobbins (who had a killer game today). They can score and have a great QB.

If the Steelers can't score next week, it will be very tough to win this matchup. By far the toughest matchup before the bye
I wouldn’t be surprised if the Steelers won.
We have the meats.

Herbert was seen walking with a limp after the game... i think he only had 130 passing yards today...

Their O shouldn't scare us... their d is the only one to give up
Statistically, they have a better offense - points-wise. I think the defenses cancel each other out.

Here's the silver lining...

We know and have seen BOTH RBs from the Chargers - Dobbins and Edwards. It's nearly a mirror image of our backfield.

IMO, Coach Smith has shown the ability to game plan specifically for the upcoming opponent and if Russell gets the green light - I think the game will be close but we prevail...

That's exactly what we don't need. Fields is so uncomfortable under center....we saw that again today. Fields is at his best when he's out of the pocket and can improvise.
Which is why he said "#3" needs to be under center on Sunday🤪🤪🤪

We need to score 20+ every week. Our defense can only do so much, and they aren't playing the best QBs the first two weeks.

Fields has not shown the it factor yet. He has flashes and yes the penalties hurt especially the fake OPI in the end zone.
We scored 20 points yesterday. The refs ****** up and called OPI and took the points off the board...

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Steelers won.
We have the meats.

I should provide an explanation.
As I was about to type “we have the talent”, that Arby’s “We have the meats” commercial popped into my head.

In that deep James Earl Jones voice (RIP)…
WE HAVE THE MEATS!

Last edited:
Statistically, they have a better offense - points-wise. I think the defenses cancel each other out.

Here's the silver lining...

We know and have seen BOTH RBs from the Chargers - Dobbins and Edwards. It's nearly a mirror image of our backfield.

IMO, Coach Smith has shown the ability to game plan specifically for the upcoming opponent and if Russell gets the green light - I think the game will be close but we prevail...

Like you said about OC Smith, I have full confidence in him as well. A breath of fresh air that we haven't seen in quite some time.

I think our offense will be a little better each week as they get the snaps (OL / QB / others) for their development and slowing of the game.

Salute the nation

We scored 20 points yesterday. The refs ****** up and called OPI and took the points off the board...
Plus the holding 2nd holding call against Jones, negating the Pickens catch at their 5, was just bogus (compared to the lack of call on Den OTs)

Herbert has fractured rib Cartlidge but no broken ribs. T.J., Highsmith, and Herbig should tune those ribs up as much as possible. Legally mind you.
As Wolf says; "you gotta marinate those ribs, baby!". Both food and opponents.