• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 6

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
College Football Week 6

There's only 1 ranked matchup this week. Not a ton of great games but there are a few that could be entertaining.

UCLA at 7 Penn State 12:00 FOX PSU -28
These new Pac 12 additions to the Big 10 should have put their foot down and refused noon kickoff east coast games. That has to be rough. UCLA's defense is pretty bad so I doubt gametime would matter at all for this one.

UCLA's pass defense is awful. I'd like to see Penn State open up the offense and hit some plays in the passing game. Build a big lead and then give some of the starters a rest before they head west for USC next week.

Penn State's defense has been good except for some blunders with penalties and some blown assignments. Losing their best Safety for the season is part of that but they also played with backups at ILB last week.

This would be a classic spot for a letdown, a sandwich game between ranked Illinois and ranked USC. But i just don't see UCLA being able to dop much in this game.

Friday Night

Michigan State at 6 Oregon 9:00 FOX Ore -23.5

Oregon has been solid this year but not flashy. They get Ohio State next week. Will they get caught looking ahead?

Syracuse at 25 UNLV 9:00 FS1 UNLV -6.5
with the a non Power 4 conference champ guaranteed a sopt, UNLV has a decent shot to wind up in the playoffs

Saturday Games

Pitt at North Carolina 12:00 ESPN2 Pitt -2.5

Pitt can go 5-0 for the first time since 1991. This is Pitt's first conference game and they need the win if they want to keep pace for a spot in the ACC Championship. UNC's defense has been awful this year and they likely have more on their minds than a game this week.

9 Missouri at 25 Texas A&M 12:00 ABC TAM -2.5
both teams seem fake. The fact that A&M is favored shows the public doesn't believe in Missouri at all. Mizz is coming off back to beack near defeats vs Boston College and Vanderbilt. Texas A&M has been pretty good after an opening loss to Notre Dame.

Iowa at 3 Ohio State 3:30 CBS OSU -18.5

If Iowa somehow pulls the upset, it will be win #200 for coach Kirk Ferentz. I haven't watched a second of OSU yet this year as they beat up on their opening cupcakes. Iowa is what they always are, a solid defense that makes you earn it. The offense has been much better this year after they fired Kirk Ferentz's son as OC. Iowa actually scored over 30 in back to back games. Sure it was against Troy and Minnesota but Iowa only cracked 30 once in 22 and 23. Ohio State has great WRs as usual and excellent RBs but Will Howard is mothing special at QB. He doesn't need to be with that many weapons.

Auburn at 5 Georgia 3:30 ABC UGA -22
this game should not be close, but something just isn't clicking for Georgia. Are they the team that came back against Bama, or are they the team that squeaked by Kentucky and got blown out most of the game vs Bama? Did they finally wake up or did they just take advantage of Bama playing prevent with a big lead?

12 Ole Miss at South Carolina 3:30 ESPN Miss -9
S Car blew out Kentucky which looks more impressive now. Their only loss was 3 points to LSU. They were up on LSU until their QB was injured. He's expected back for this game. Miss is coming off the loss to Kentucky. Part of that may have been that their early schedule was a joke so they may not have been prepared to go against a quality team. Ole Miss's playoff chances will take a major blow if they lose this one.

23 Indiana at Northwestern 3:30 BTN IU -14
NW is not very good. Indiana is unbeaten and could go 6-0 for only the second time in school history.

4 Tennessee at Arkansas 7:30 ABC Tenn -13.5
Tenn is coming off their win vs Oklahoma and then a bye. That Oklahoma win doesn't look quite as good with Oklahoma struggling to beat mediocre Auburn last week. Tenn has a rivalry game vs Florida next week. They better not overlook Arkansas. Tenn has lost their last 3 games in Fayetteville.

10 Michigan at Washington 7:30 NBC Wash -1.
Michigan is playing like a service academy, except service academies discourage cheating. This is MIchigan's first road game of the year.
Last week Mich barely escaped against Minnesota when Minn recovered an onside kick but the refs took it away on a bogus offside call. Washington will have to score some points to force Michigan out of their ground game.

Damn Washington Favored by 1 over my Wolverines. A loss and we can kiss any shot at the playoffs goodbye.

Great point on the noon kickoffs for west coast teams being bogus. Totally unfair to them. Penn State should cover. Only touchdown UCLA scored last week was on a long pick-six when Oregon was about to make it 35-3 at halftime.

Load the boat on the Pitt team over 33.5. Easiest play of the year so far. Other than Alabama being even money (before the season started) to make the 12-team playoff, that is. That was like stealing.

I posted this in last week's thread but the vid must have been taken down.

Japanese call of the last Bama TD. I swear he said Godzilla at some point

I heard it too !!!!!

Funny as hellA

Salute the nation

not sure how you over looke the huge Texas show down

1-4 UH vs 3-2 TCU

UH hasn't scored in two games but somehow found some offense

taking a 24-12 lead to the 4th quarter

my boy Haulcy has 2 picks tonight
Who are you liking for the draft based on what you have seen so far?

not sure how you over looke the huge Texas show down

1-4 UH vs 3-2 TCU

UH hasn't scored in two games but somehow found some offense

taking a 24-12 lead to the 4th quarter

my boy Haulcy has 2 picks tonight
Tape overlooked the new #1 team in the country as well; but I'm used to it...

Rooooll Tide Roll!!!

Tape overlooked the new #1 team in the country as well; but I'm used to it...

Rooooll Tide Roll!!!

Berm, you attach your fandom in a very unique and obsessive way, wouldn’t want it any other way. !!!

Now, what is all this “Rooooll Tide Roll!!!” Crap all about ??? :)

Salute the nation

Absolute lock that Carolina beats Pitt today. Nardumbzi shows again that he is one of the worst coaches in D1 against an awful Carolina team.

I’m not impressed with Penn State at all this year.

They sure start slow...holy hell
Yeah. These guys just can’t come out and just whip somebody start to finish. It’s like they can’t run the right plays until they’ve run all the wrong ones. Oh, and Tom Allen ain’t no Manny Diaz.

Penn State has no backup QB - Pribula is just a RB who can throw every now and then. They may have found a kicker. No chance against OSU and they may struggle to get to the playoffs with 2, maybe 3 losses.