• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial thoughts on raider game

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Initial drive for the raiders - steelers D ******* pathetic

after that - not too bad

Elliot has been a nice pick up

what does Watt have to do to get a holding call??? gues that is why he was just punching the balls away from the raider RBs

can't fuss too much, some big calls went the Steelers way today

Fields was so so, his feet are a big weapon but his decisions and accuracy on some drives was not good...before the long pass to Pickens....najee almost had as many rushing yards as Fields had passing

not getting 6 after the blocked punt was terrible

Najee just runs so ******* hard......nice to see him juke someone today and break a long run for a TD....broke 100 yards finally

good to see the 30 point barrier was broken

didn't know how to act with the Steelers up multiple scores with under 5 to go....no heart racing, or sweaty palms....very strange

Najee and TJ definitely get a game ball from Chico

Best game for Najee in a while and was sorely needed.
I don’t know what to think with Justin. Seems to not see the field as good as he should. Saw some guys wide open he didn’t look at and saw some missed passes he should have completed. Can that be fixed? Idk, maybe but this is year four for him so you would think he would be much further along. At least the mistakes are fewer but that int that got turned over, he was damn lucky.
TJ Watt is a special player. He does so much more than get sacks. Punched the ball out twice today for fumbles. Guy does literally everything on the field.

Thank god for turnovers and the Raiders stupid penalties.

T.J. Watt has a really good right hook! New ability unlocked.

Nice to see Patrick Queen step up. Payton Wilson and Roberts held the fort down.

Najee ran like his hair was on fire. Great to see him break a big one,he's earned it!

The run blocking still sucks. Whatever scheme they're using that let's multiple defenders in the backfired as soon as the rb gets the ball? It needs to die! Gosh even a FB could help that out.

Oh and I still hate the Raiders! Old grudges die hard.

**** them!

Very happy with the win. Najee looked great ( mostly) and the D did a nice job - especially with the turnovers.

I hated the double reverse flea-flicker call. It seemed to play out in slo-motion.

Thank god for turnovers and the Raiders stupid penalties.

T.J. Watt has a really good right hook! New ability unlocked.

Nice to see Patrick Queen step up. Payton Wilson and Roberts held the fort down.

Najee ran like his hair was on fire. Great to see him break a big one,he's earned it!

The run blocking still sucks. Whatever scheme they're using that let's multiple defenders in the backfired as soon as the rb gets the ball? It needs to die! Gosh even a FB could help that out.

Oh and I still hate the Raiders! Old grudges die hard.
Very happy with the win. Najee looked great ( mostly) and the D did a nice job - especially with the turnovers.

I hated the double reverse flea-flicker call. It seemed to play out in slo-motion.
That was a super dumb play. I had a lot of things that didn't look good,but I'm sticking with positive juju after the win.

Najee ran hard today.
Defense showed up.

Big shout out to the fans for the home field advantage

The offense did not perform nearly as well as the 30+ points indicate, as they were given a lot of short fields by the defense and special teams and had drives extended by Raiders penalties.

The running game might have had its best game of the season and Fields' mobility is definitely an asset, but he is not a consistent passer at all, and he probably never will be. He had quite a few errant throws, and was fortunate that really bad INT was negated by the roughing call.

I've accepted that we're never going to see Wilson unless Fields gets injured, though I'm not sure it's the right call. Wilson cannot move as well as Fields, but he might read things better and get the WRs more involved.

They beat on a bad Raiders team, which they should do, but seeing the Lions destroy the same Cowboys team the Steelers struggled against kind of reflects how far away the Steelers are from being a real contender.

The 4-2 start is good and all, but this somewhat feels like the same kind of team they've had over the past several years. The defense will keep them competitive, but the offense is going to struggle to score unless it gets a lot of help like it did today.

Najee had a good game and ran hard......

Rewatch his 36 yd TD run and pay attention to #62 Ryan McCollum's blocking on that play.....he pushed his man into another dimension not to mention blocking out another linemen from making a play on the tackle.

We just might have another good linemen out there on our roster!

As I said during the game thread, Najee can be quick, last week he tried to be cute and stutter step his way into holes when he had opportunities to put his head down and just go. This week he did just that.
Fields is not reading quickly and doesn’t anticipate that great. When he makes a decision-he does throw an accurate ball.
The defense and special teams played well

I will NEVER understand when we need 12 yards and pass for 3 and then punt.

Fields has happy feet, but it’s working for him
And he’s extending drives.

Defense rebounded very nicely.

Tomlin still stinks as a game coach

Najee had a good game and ran hard......

Rewatch his 36 yd TD run and pay attention to #62 Ryan McCollum's blocking on that play.....he pushed his man into another dimension not to mention blocking out another linemen from making a play on the tackle.

We just might have another good linemen out there on our roster!

It was a good bounce back win in a game the Steelers were supposed to win. I agree with Punx that the offense did not look as good as the points produced, outside of Harris, of course. Pickens really didn't do anything to justify his actions, IMO. Fields has moments that makes you think "maybe" but as a whole just does not put it together.

After a bad first drive, the defense did a pretty good job for the rest of the game shutting down the preseason offense the Raiders trotted out there.

Agreed. Seems we always do something like that to kill a drive that we desperately need at that moment. Shoot ourselves in the foot so to speak.