• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial thoughts on **** show redo

But he only needs 2 more wins to reach the goal. 4 games to go. It was 6, but he lost them both. The radio announcers were even talking about his 9 win seasons. One caller from Carolina said he would be happy to have Tomlin. Make the trade!

But he only needs 2 more wins to reach the goal. 4 games to go. It was 6, but he lost them both. The radio announcers were even talking about his 9 win seasons. One caller from Carolina said he would be happy to have Tomlin. Make the trade!
How do you know the Carolina owner would allow a trade for Tomlin? Tepper was a minor shareholder in the Steelers back when it was rumoured some of the minor shareholders wanted Tomlin fired - he may have been one of them.

The design of the offense is a joke. It's high school, but that's an insult to most high school offenses these days.

It's a collection of unrelated routes. Rarely do you see a route combo that actually forces a defense to make a choice. The QBs have not played well but this offense forces the QB to WAIT for 1 of the receivers to win and get open.

Justin Jefferson is great but the Vikes scheme him open. The QB knows what he's looking for and can go through reads quickly. They constantly put a defender in a bind where he has to cover 2 guys and eventually has to take one so the QB throws to the other. Steeler offense doesn't have much of that.

Creating big plays is like trying to move a boulder. A good offense has gears and pulleys and levers to help move it. The steeler offense just tosses them a pair of work gloves and tells them they just need to push harder.
This here is my thoughts exactly. Though Mitch isn't exactly Brady its not like he doesn't want to succeed. Same with KP. He is back there with time lots but just doesn't see anything. They are covering Pickens with a safety behind. So he is lost. Everything is about players winning their matchip. Never about binding the defense. The defense has picked up what they are doing and there is very little there. That said. The final sequence the Pats had to be covering the deep ball there must have been voided areas of the defense.

As a Steeler fan, I'm tired of Darth Hoodie walking into the Steeler's stadium and winning. **** you.

As a Penn State fan, I hated seeing Bill O'Brien smiling and laughing in the Steeler's stadium. **** you too Judas.

**** you Captain Cool Shades for assembling this abomination of a team and coaches.
giphy.gif

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.......on the third TD pass by the unknown from NE I trurned it off.....I have better things to do than watch this incessant **** show.......these guys have seemingly checked out for the year..... SUCK

This team lacks leadership and accountability. From the top down. Especially in the offensive side of the ball. This whole one guy is the coordinator and the other one calls the plays. What kind of BS is that and of course Tomlin never steps up and takes responsibility. Usually just sort of coach speak of getting ready for the next week and getting back to the lab. Trubisky should have never been brought back. I will say it again Najee is absolute garbage and I’m tired of hearing it’s on the Oline. Again it’s taking responsibility. I’m tired of Pickens of pouting all the time.
The OC and Play calling separation creates another layer of accountability. Now they can just fire the play caller. Then it is the OC, Then it is the HC. I call it the "Arians Buffer."

Skipped the game for the most part. Turned it on in the 4th expecting a comeback. That 4th and 2 call has to be one of the worst playcalls.

As a Steeler fan, I'm tired of Darth Hoodie walking into the Steeler's stadium and winning. **** you.

As a Penn State fan, I hated seeing Bill O'Brien smiling and laughing in the Steeler's stadium. **** you too Judas.

**** you Captain Cool Shades for assembling this abomination of a team and coaches.
giphy.gif
As UGA grad/fan. It’s Saban winning it all inside the Benz everytime

Tomlin said the primary read on that 4th and 2 call was the pass to Diontae for 50 yards.. on 4th and TWO. The games over if you don't connect and that was their best call??? I mean, wow. Also, Ben said on his podcast that Tomlin is the one who calls the big 4th down plays. This whole offense has Tomlin's fingerprints all over it now and it really shows. He's always been in over head but he really is now.
When asked about using AI, Coach Tomlin replied, "Absolutely. I called the 4th and 2 hail Mary based on the optimal results I had playing Madden 2010 against my kid last week.. I'm a huge advocate for AI. It's what we do, it's who we are!! Next question!"

Nah we will be ok on defense if we get some ******* offense.

No we are not. Every single year by this time the pass rush becomes worthless. It completely lacks creativity. If they're not going to get a top notch DC like a Dick LeBeau to run that **** ,then it's worthless when matters.

Ahhhh. I'm pretty much just pissed over everything. The team and players deserve so much more than what they're getting.

Funny how the pats**** knew how to easily handle this team and yet again embarrassed them, with some scrub bum at qb.

Chess beats checkers. Brains beats brawn. Checkmate.

Judging from that stupid bullshit call on the long snapper last night these games are bullshit anyway.

No we are not. Every single year by this time the pass rush becomes worthless. It completely lacks creativity. If they're not going to get a top notch DC like a Dick LeBeau to run that **** ,then it's worthless when matters.

Ahhhh. I'm pretty much just pissed over everything. The team and players deserve so much more than what they're getting.

Funny how the pats**** knew how to easily handle this team and yet again embarrassed them, with some scrub bum at qb.

Judging from that stupid bullshit call on the long snapper last night these games are bullshit anyway.
Not only a bum *** QB, but they were missing their #1 RB and their top WR's. Hell it's not like we didnt' just watch a TE score on us Sunday vs Arizona, you'd think they know what was coming.

I don't blame Rooneys for hiring Tomlin and do not think it was because of the Rooney rule. Tomlin gives a very good interview. Tomlin lacks in actual coaching and scheme and doesn't seem to let his assistants do their job.
I actually fell asleep sometime in the 4th quarter but it seems like i didn't miss much. I think the defense deserves alot of blame for this one. I also blame coaching for not at least trying different players. We have the same guys getting toasted every game. At least try someone new. We gave up 3 basically first quarter TDs to a team that can't score 10 points. The first drive the Pats went right down the field so we can't blame the offense or fatigue or whatever.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.......on the third TD pass by the unknown from NE I trurned it off.....I have better things to do than watch this incessant **** show.......these guys have seemingly checked out for the year..... SUCK

Our two wide receivers Pickens&DJ can't even hide it. You're a professional, you get paid no matter what . It's pathetic.

I turned it off when we failed on that 4th down in their RZ after the INT. In that situation at that point in the game you kick the ******* FG, Especially when your team has been playing like **** and you have just been gifted points.

First time that I can ever recall turning a game off in disgust. On Sundays in the Southeast, I used to drive to markets where the game was on and watch in Sports Bars or Bowling Alleys, sometimes I would take a TV and rabbit ears and sit in a rest area with a pavilion and electricity and watch the game. This was before the proliferation of Steeler Nation Fan Clubs and then, Directv. I have only missed one game ever and I do not turn the game off. Until last night.

I hate night games because, for me, it is hard to go to sleep, especially if there is an officiating controversy. If the team wins, I stay up and engage on SN. If they lose, I stay up and engage on SN. I always feel it the next day, and I do not even drink

This team, this franchise, is no longer worth that kind of dedication/effort. That is on you ART 2. YOU own this.

From building Heinz Field intentionally smaller, your intervention into the subsequent Gildong negotiations and resigning. Publicly chastising a popular, local, and winning coach for not winning the Super Bowl, then running off that coach after he WON a Super Bowl, and putting YOUR man in charge who you will not hold to that same standard.

SEATS are not filled by a standard of mediocrity, they are filled by a standard of CHAMPIONSHIPS, and the pursuit of CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Mediocrity and gate receipts are the ART2 Standard and it is not a sustainable business model. I will never, ever, again plop down $460 on a face value ticket to witness a Steeler Game like I did this year on opening Day against SF.

IT.IS.NOT.WORTH.IT.

Your product sucks, The experience sucks. And the fans of this team and the city of Pittsburgh are bearing the brunt of it.

There is a limit to how much we can take. I am past my limit.

FIX IT!

Last edited:
I turned it off when we failed on that 4th down in their RZ after the INT. In that situation at that point in the game you kick the ******* FG, Especially when your team has been playing like **** and you have just been gifted points.

First time that I can ever recall turning a game off in disgust. On Sundays in the Southeast, I used to drive to markets where the game was on and watch in Sports Bars or Bowling Alleys, sometimes I would take a TV and rabbit ears and sit in a rest area with a pavilion and electricity and watch the game. This was before the proliferation of Steeler Nation Fan Clubs and then, Directv. I have only missed one game ever and I do not turn the game off. Until last night.

I hate night games because, for me, it is hard to go to sleep, especially if there is an officiating controversy. If the team wins, I stay up and engage on the internet. If they lose, I stay up and engage on SN. I always feel it the next day, and I do not even drink.

This team, this franchise is no longer worth it. That is on you ART 2. YOU own this.

From building Heinz Field intentionally smaller, your intervention into the subsequent Gildong negotiations and resigning. Publicly chastising a popular, local, and winning coach for not winning the Super Bowl, then running off that coach after he WON a Super Bowl, and putting YOUR man in charge who you do not hold to that same standard.

SEATS are not filled by a standard of mediocrity, they are filled by a standard of CHAMPIONSHIPS, and the pursuit of CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Mediocrity and gate receipts are the ART2 Standard and it is not a sustainable business model. I will never, ever, again plop down $460 on a face value ticket to witness a Steeler Game like I did this year on opening Day against SF.

IT.IS.NOT.WORTH.IT.

Your product sucks, The experience sucks. And the fans of this team and the city of Pittsburgh are bearing the brunt of it.

There is a limit to how much we can take. I am at my limit.

FIX IT!
Agree 100000000%

I don't blame Rooneys for hiring Tomlin and do not think it was because of the Rooney rule. Tomlin gives a very good interview. Tomlin lacks in actual coaching and scheme and doesn't seem to let his assistants do their job.
I actually fell asleep sometime in the 4th quarter but it seems like i didn't miss much. I think the defense deserves alot of blame for this one. I also blame coaching for not at least trying different players. We have the same guys getting toasted every game. At least try someone new. We gave up 3 basically first quarter TDs to a team that can't score 10 points. The first drive the Pats went right down the field so we can't blame the offense or fatigue or whatever.
I disagree and feel the blame is squarely on the Rooney's for this debacle....it has been the same for how many years now? Tomlin and his various staff wasted Big Ben's good years and squandered many opportunities to go the distance and they consistently failed time and time again. Enough is enough.... fire this coach and move on

Reactions: MTC

Judging from that stupid bullshit call on the long snapper last night these games are bullshit anyway

What if they would have not received that call on the long snapper? You still have Trubisky having to lead them down the field....... It sucked but I don't feel he could have done it anyways.......

The entire pregame broadcast was focused on all the attention that Belichek was getting in Boston about getting fired. The guy cashed in 6 super bowls, and they're talking about firing the guy. He's got a similar problem to Tomlin... He lost his hall of fame qb.

That said, I watched the 2-10 Pats dismantle a 7-5 Steelers team with a qb making his 3rd NFL start, a second year pro.

What I saw last night was the difference between a truly great coach, and one who is a good guy, but a very poor football coach.

The Pats came in with a plan, and executed it to near perfection. They stormed out to a 2 score lead, and they knew outside of a major mistake, they could drain the clock and rely on the defense in the second half. They did exactly that.... And weathered the one mistake they made with the punt block.

Our coach has surrounded himself with a fine set of 'diversity and inclusion' assistants that look nice on paper, but can't coach themselves out of a paper bag. Welcome to the 'woke' Steelers. Go woke go broke.

The entire pregame broadcast was focused on all the attention that Belichek was getting in Boston about getting fired. The guy cashed in 6 super bowls, and they're talking about firing the guy. He's got a similar problem to Tomlin... He lost his hall of fame qb.

That said, I watched the 2-10 Pats dismantle a 7-5 Steelers team with a qb making his 3rd NFL start, a second year pro.

What I saw last night was the difference between a truly great coach, and one who is a good guy, but a very poor football coach.

The Pats came in with a plan, and executed it to near perfection. They stormed out to a 2 score lead, and they knew outside of a major mistake, they could drain the clock and rely on the defense in the second half. They did exactly that.... And weathered the one mistake they made with the punt block.

Our coach has surrounded himself with a fine set of 'diversity and inclusion' assistants that look nice on paper, but can't coach themselves out of a paper bag. Welcome to the 'woke' Steelers. Go woke go broke.
well said and I feel you are spot on......looks good on paper but sucks in real life.