• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial thoughts on **** show redo

The entire pregame broadcast was focused on all the attention that Belichek was getting in Boston about getting fired. The guy cashed in 6 super bowls, and they're talking about firing the guy. He's got a similar problem to Tomlin... He lost his hall of fame qb.

That said, I watched the 2-10 Pats dismantle a 7-5 Steelers team with a qb making his 3rd NFL start, a second year pro.

What I saw last night was the difference between a truly great coach, and one who is a good guy, but a very poor football coach.

The Pats came in with a plan, and executed it to near perfection. They stormed out to a 2 score lead, and they knew outside of a major mistake, they could drain the clock and rely on the defense in the second half. They did exactly that.... And weathered the one mistake they made with the punt block.

Our coach has surrounded himself with a fine set of 'diversity and inclusion' assistants that look nice on paper, but can't coach themselves out of a paper bag. Welcome to the 'woke' Steelers. Go woke go broke.
the funny thing is, I think Belicheat has won 2 Super Bowls and been to another since the last time we even won a playoff game, and they're talking about the Pats moving on from him.

tapeANaspirin2it said:

The design of the offense is a joke. It's high school, but that's an insult to most high school offenses these days.

It's a collection of unrelated routes. Rarely do you see a route combo that actually forces a defense to make a choice. The QBs have not played well but this offense forces the QB to WAIT for 1 of the receivers to win and get open.

Justin Jefferson is great but the Vikes scheme him open. The QB knows what he's looking for and can go through reads quickly. They constantly put a defender in a bind where he has to cover 2 guys and eventually has to take one so the QB throws to the other. Steeler offense doesn't have much of that.

Creating big plays is like trying to move a boulder. A good offense has gears and pulleys and levers to help move it. The steeler offense just tosses them a pair of work gloves and tells them they just need to push harder.
What a great post - that is one of the best explanations to this **** offense that I've read to date.

The design of the offense is a joke. It's high school, but that's an insult to most high school offenses these days.

It's a collection of unrelated routes. Rarely do you see a route combo that actually forces a defense to make a choice. The QBs have not played well but this offense forces the QB to WAIT for 1 of the receivers to win and get open.

Justin Jefferson is great but the Vikes scheme him open. The QB knows what he's looking for and can go through reads quickly. They constantly put a defender in a bind where he has to cover 2 guys and eventually has to take one so the QB throws to the other. Steeler offense doesn't have much of that.

Creating big plays is like trying to move a boulder. A good offense has gears and pulleys and levers to help move it. The steeler offense just tosses them a pair of work gloves and tells them they just need to push harder.
and it's been this way for several seasons now, under multiple QB's and multiple OC's, it's all on Tomlin.

The steeler offense just tosses them a pair of work gloves and tells them they just need to push harder.

THIS is an apt metaphor. Being a Steelers fan right now is a Sisyphean endeavor - constantly pushing that rock up the hill only to see it slide back down.

I hope you did not choke to death on your own vomit

spinal-tap-dust-for-vomit.gif

What if they would have not received that call on the long snapper? You still have Trubisky having to lead them down the field....... It sucked but I don't feel he could have done it anyways.......

Just nitpicking. I have massive issues with the "rules" and how they're applied differently according to team.

what the holy ****

4th and 2 and you try that stupid ****

******* fire all the damh coaches

******* bullshit

******* defense **** the bed in the first half but did okay in the second

Roberts is a beast

**** everyone else

stupid fucing penalty on the long snapper on 4rh down

back to back losses to ****** ******* teams

they better look long and hard for a real OC in the offseason

**** this ****

wish we had one wide out with the heart Tank Dell shows
I was thinking about Tank Dell last night if he were drafted by the Steelers. Would he be under utilized similar to how Cal Austin is being underutilized? Idk, and not saying Cal Austin is even as talented as Tank Dell, but would we have found a way to even **** Tank up in this offensive offense?
Bobby Slowik knows how to get the best from Tank but have no confidence we would.

It's weird man. I remember us having some really intense (one way to describe it) discussions about Pickett leading up to the draft. I did a 180 on him once he became a Steeler and was/have been hoping that he would catch fire. But, if he didn't, I figured somebody had to know something about Mitch in order to bring him in (Turns out the "Buffalo Intel" was just like your friend trying to offload his old lemon onto you).
Anyway, my thoughts are Tomlin and his coaching staff can go. Kenny, Mitch and Rudolph can go. Bring in someone else and let him, Omar and Andy rebuild the damn lines and then get the QB. Run a bridge QB out there until you get the guy

If that's the plan, you don't get rid of Pickett. He cab me the bridge, on a rookie contract, zero reason to dump him in this scenario

If that's the plan, you don't get rid of Pickett. He cab me the bridge, on a rookie contract, zero reason to dump him in this scenario
Interesting way of looking at it. I can't remember off-hand that it's been done like that recently. Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, Trubisky, et. al. Usually when they bring in the new guy, the other guy is sent packing. Of course, I did say "until" they find the next guy. So, I could see your point.

Wouldn't it be funny if.........

Steelers fire Tomlin in offseason
Patriots fire Belichick in offseason

Steelers hire Belichick as the replacement HC of the Steelers.......ha ha

Well, strange as that sounds, I can't imagine Belichick on one of the Sunday morning talk shows.
But I think the stench would be too much.

So the offense just doesn't have a rhythm or continual March forward. It's too many first down incomplete or half yard run. Tgey are constantly behind the sticks. You watch what the Patriots did. It was Zeke out of the backfield. Hunter Henry and a couple JUJU catches. But it took till 21 points till the Steelers started to respond defensively. The Steelers simply get nothing easy because the design just isn't there. Just chuck out the coaching staff and let's start over.

Yep no reason to really debate this anymore.

the funny thing is, I think Belicheat has won 2 Super Bowls and been to another since the last time we even won a playoff game, and they're talking about the Pats moving on from him.
Obviously Hoodie doesn’t have as pretty a mouth as Shades

At no point did I believe they were going to win. I was paying more attention to the gameday thread than the game itself. At least the board is still good for some entertainment.

The entire pregame broadcast was focused on all the attention that Belichek was getting in Boston about getting fired. The guy cashed in 6 super bowls, and they're talking about firing the guy. He's got a similar problem to Tomlin... He lost his hall of fame qb.
I think you meant his "Hall of fame Ernie".

No. That would not be funny.

That would be the team I love hiring the "cheatingest *******" in NFL history and I wouldn't watch a snap until he was ******* gone.

Steelers make unwanted history. By losing to the 2-10 Cardinals and the 2-10 Patriots in consecutive weeks, the Steelers became the first team in NFL history to be over .500 and lose two straight games to teams that were both at least eight games under .500. Both losses were embarrassing and with the Colts, Bengals, Seahawks and Ravens still on the schedule, it's looking highly unlikely that the Steelers are going to make the playoffs

On Mitch's first INT that came back, there was a TE blocking and two receivers within a few feet of each other. They have their receivers bunched every week. Ridiculous.

Interesting way of looking at it. I can't remember off-hand that it's been done like that recently. Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, Trubisky, et. al. Usually when they bring in the new guy, the other guy is sent packing. Of course, I did say "until" they find the next guy. So, I could see your point.

I just remember a certain Drew Brees who started to put it together as the chargers gave up on him and drafted Rivers. Some QB'S take a little more time than others. And Pickett was put behind the 8 ball the moment he was drafted.