• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Round 2---Who do we want?

ZACKB

Reaction score
who do we want? Not sure there is a corner...maybe Baptiste? That would be good for us. I say we go with a wr, DE(Tuitt), or Nix. Thoughts?

I would be REALLY happy with Lee from USC, kind of happy with Nix. I don't pay enough attention to college fb to know many other names.

Honestly I'm just glad the Browns ruined johnny fb's career.

I think we can get a good wr in rd 3, but Le would be hard to pass up. Nix or Tuitt would be nice.We need Dline help

I'd prefer some talent on the D-Line. God knows we'll need it to help out our weak LBs.

I bet the Jags nab Lee. They need wr's bad. Dline for us.

Pipe dream: Hageman. Maybe Jace Amaro.

Realistically, I'm all about Davante Adams. A physical jump-ball guy that reminds me of Anquan Boldin and Muhsin Muhammad. Same goes for Cody Latimer. I had a bad feeling the Panthers were going to take one of them instead of Benjamin.

A sneaky pick here would be Antonio Richardson.

How many 3-4 teams without a NT draft in front of us. With the Speed Linebacker we just picked up, I want a monster in front of him to keep him clean. If Nix falls to us, take him.

How many 3-4 teams without a NT draft in front of us. With the Speed Linebacker we just picked up, I want a monster in front of him to keep him clean. If Nix falls to us, take him.

Agreed, but that monster is not present in this draft IMO.

I think if RaShede Hageman is still there, he may be the guy. Quick enough to play some end, strong enough to play the nose. He would not come off the field on passing downs.

I also think Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice would be in play. Those would be the two I would think have the raw speed/athleticism they appear to be coveting in this draft. Both have that playmaker ability as well. I think if you can get Hageman, his scheme diversity allows you to go DE or DT later as he could play either. Gives you some flexibility. At 310 with his power, he can easily handle the nose. And, again, gives you that guy that can play run or pass.

If they want more edge presence, watch out for DeMarcus Lawrence or Carl Bradford.

Lee will not be there when we pick and more than likely neither will Nix & Tuitt.

I don't agree. Watched Nix a lot with the Irish. Dude is big and will eat space and blockers.

That's the point ... they have repeatedly stated that in this new era of spread offenses, the traditional NT who eats space and blockers is almost a liability. They're looking for somewhat of a NT/DE hybrid who won't have to come off the field in sub packages all the time.

I realize that the NFL is evolving. I get that. I also know that 350 lb men can't play every down. However, even in passing packages, a dude that forces you to block with the centre and a guard has value. At least in my world. Not everyone is going to be a sack or even tackle machine. However, if you want guys coming clean, you better have guys that command double teams. Seems to me Poe is a pretty strong commodity.

Hageman. Heyward commands double teams. If he had someone across from him that did the same, that would make this defense scary again. There's also something poetic about double H's anchoring the line.

I realize that the NFL is evolving. I get that. I also know that 350 lb men can't play every down. However, even in passing packages, a dude that forces you to block with the centre and a guard has value. At least in my world. Not everyone is going to be a sack or even tackle machine. However, if you want guys coming clean, you better have guys that command double teams. Seems to me Poe is a pretty strong commodity.

Nix is not Poe. Not even close. Poe hardly ever comes off the field. Dude is a machine. Hageman is closer to Poe than Nix is.

Here's who i'm hoping for in order

Tuitt DE
Hageman DE
DaQuan Jones DE
Crichton DE
Jernigan NT/DE
Allen Robinson WR
Moncrief WR

I do NOT want Nix! I'd love Hageman, hope he's our #2 pick. Moncrief would be an outstanding 3rd round pick.

Hageman
Lee
Amaro
Gaines
Mathews
Moncrief

My short list

Hageman/Tuitt/Nix - in order of preference. Given that I doubt all three will be gone by #14, I hope that's our pick right there, to fortify that D-line.

I shoot for a WR in 3rd, then clean up with a corner rnds 4-6 hopefully Gaines/Rice will be around.

Steelers really needed to re-stock this defense, grabbing Shazier was a great start.

Last edited:
I want another def player to fill a position of need. CB, DE...ect. Take the best available. I think we can grab Wrs in the 3 rd round and later.

Hopefully, it is Philip Gaines in the second and Taylor Hart in the third.

I would be happy to draft Louis Nix in the 2nd round if he's there. He is a load and if we drafted him it sure would compliment Shazier and sure up the middle of our Defense for years to come.

Sefarin-Jenkins
Kouandjio
Latimer
Gaines

apparently we're valuing the athlete aspect more now.
which gives us Sefarin-Jenkins, Latimer or Gaines

position-wise it would be hard to pass on Kouandjio