• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Round 2---Who do we want?

whoever it is, they better make it count...

it's a long way to pick 3, and lots of all that "mid-round talent" is coming off the board.

Yup, I hate not having a normal 3rd round pick. This was a horrible year not to have one.

I'd like to see Stanley Jean-Baptiste still there but I feel the Hawks traded back figuring they could still get him in the early second. Not knowing who will be there I will guess Donte Moncrief. He's big, fast, the Steelers like him and he comes from a school we have had success drafting receivers from.

So TMC, Hageman is def your guy in rd 2? I think Chicago snags him. Who would be your next two guys to take after him?

I think that if you are looking to find a complete defensive scheme that can play some run defense and not get run out of the house when a team passes, Hageman is the choice. He can play on 3rd downs and could play either NT or DE. Power is not his issue. Has good speed too. Just inconsistent, kind of raw. Everyone wants right now, fix it now, solve it now. I would rather have work on him for a year or two and solve it for 8. Not many fix it now guys in any draft. But, when Hageman plays with his pads down, he gets push. He is not a guy that gets pushed around, will move down the line and keep his course. He might get ridden by a play, but not downright whipped, even when he plays high. And, I think he is a guy that can get push on passing downs, paired with Heyward inside, they could be some trouble.

Behind him, it would be Phillip Gaines for me. I think there is a bit of a drop for him. If he played at a different school and did what he did, he would have been higher. Level of competition is his big drawback.

After that, Kou or Morgan Moses. I think the LTs have a significant drop after that. I do agree with Del that some teams will start running more to take advantage of the smaller LBs/DL/etc and with the addition of Blount, we may be one of them. If that is the case, Kou is a guy that can move people.

Then I may be looking to move it down, maybe get me another third. I think your value after those guys is at WR and the ones I like are more comfortable later 2nd/early 3rd.

As a PSU fan, I've really got my fingers crossed for Robinson. As a Steelers fan, I'd be happy with either Tuitt or Robinson

Attaouchu and Murphy are both purpose built 3-4 edge rushers.

Worlids needs to be upgraded.

If either is available in round 3, I'm liking it.

I can see the posters already

"Coming Attauchu!"

Attaochu Highlights

He's got that James Harrison crazy-low shoulder dip coming around the corner...

Anyone think they could move down here, maybe pick up another 3rd? I was thinking a trade down was a real possibility last night, perhaps it happens here. I doubt it, as they seem to fall in love with certain players, and if they're on the board they'll draft them without hesitation.

I think that if you are looking to find a complete defensive scheme that can play some run defense and not get run out of the house when a team passes, Hageman is the choice. He can play on 3rd downs and could play either NT or DE. Power is not his issue. Has good speed too. Just inconsistent, kind of raw. Everyone wants right now, fix it now, solve it now. I would rather have work on him for a year or two and solve it for 8. Not many fix it now guys in any draft. But, when Hageman plays with his pads down, he gets push. He is not a guy that gets pushed around, will move down the line and keep his course. He might get ridden by a play, but not downright whipped, even when he plays high. And, I think he is a guy that can get push on passing downs, paired with Heyward inside, they could be some trouble.

100% agree...only thing that might throw us for a head fake is we don't know how much the Steelers like Arnfelt and Williams for the DE spot...both guys I actually liked a lot last year. Not saying Hageman isn't more athletic (he is), but maybe they think between the two of them they have enough depth at DL and would prefer to focus elsewhere.

As we head into the 2nd round tonight, let us all take a collective deep breath and remind ourselves nothing should shock us with what players they pick. Colbert/Tomlin & crew clearly have their players lined-up and will simply take the best prospect sitting there. I doubt they're going in thinking, okay, we need a WR or a CB in the 2nd, then so-and-so in the third, etc. Outside of a QB, really nothing would surprise me - position wise - with their upcoming picks.

I think, however, Nix goes to Tenn, Hageman to Chicago.

Anything can happen in the first 13 picks in the second round, but the Bears actually are 5 picks after us - we are 2(14), they are 2(19).

Tape, you should work on getting some of that sand removed from your vagina. I'm sorry you don't like the pick, but now the Steelers aren't allowed to do their due diligence on players? They aren't allowed to prepare themselves for the unpredictability of the draft (and a potential trade down?) by meeting many of the players who were likely to get picked in the 10-25 range?

it's about them doing their due diligence and then tossing it aside. The point i was getting at is look at how much work they put into scouting the TOP DBs and then they passed on them. Now that work is in the garbage.

If they didn't like the CBs they looked at then i'd like to see more work put into guys available in the later rounds.

Shazier was not some drop in their lap player they couldn't believe dropped to them. He's not DeCastro or even Mendenhall, meaning if they loved Shazier this much, then they had to know he was their pick. They should have put more work into other DBs.

I have a feeling they got greedy. They liked Shazier and saw that only 2 DBs were off the board and they decided to roll the dice that a guy they liked would be available in round 2. But then after they picked Shazier, there were 7 DBs drafted in the next 16 picks.

So now once again, the Steelers badly need playmaking DBs and they will likely have to hope a later round guy is a steal. How many Crezdon Butlers and Joe Burnetts and Terry Hawthornes do we have to go through?

I think we go Jace Amaro or Austin Jenkins TE both are 6'5 + and Jace caught 100 plus balls that would also fill the big target need for Ben in the red zone sort of fills the Wr need also surprised nobody mention this yet.

Hey Tape maybe they brought all those CBs in for a smoke screen to get who they really wanted in the first and hope that one they like drops to the second round

I like this idea going with a TE in the 2nd, also like Moncrief. I am all for trading down a few and getting another pick since we don't have out 3rd. It's going to be a long time from our 2nd pick to our comp in the 3rd.

it's about them doing their due diligence and then tossing it aside. The point i was getting at is look at how much work they put into scouting the TOP DBs and then they passed on them. Now that work is in the garbage.

If they didn't like the CBs they looked at then i'd like to see more work put into guys available in the later rounds.

Shazier was not some drop in their lap player they couldn't believe dropped to them. He's not DeCastro or even Mendenhall, meaning if they loved Shazier this much, then they had to know he was their pick. They should have put more work into other DBs.

I have a feeling they got greedy. They liked Shazier and saw that only 2 DBs were off the board and they decided to roll the dice that a guy they liked would be available in round 2. But then after they picked Shazier, there were 7 DBs drafted in the next 16 picks.

So now once again, the Steelers badly need playmaking DBs and they will likely have to hope a later round guy is a steal. How many Crezdon Butlers and Joe Burnetts and Terry Hawthornes do we have to go through?

I'm sorry, dude, but you are whining like a 3-year who dropped his ice cream cone. Again, your position is the Steelers shouldn't dig deep into the talent pool expected to be available at their 1st round pick? Somehow they just need to divine ahead of time the 9 players they will end up drafting and not waste a bunch of time evaluating the other 191 players in the draft pool. Why bother bringing in 30 players for visits, anyway, they can just bring in those 9...

Exactly how much work did they put in? Maybe enough to see there weren't any playmaking DB's. I sure don't know and doubt anyone outside the organization does.

Exactly how much work did they put in? Maybe enough to see there weren't any playmaking DB's. I sure don't know and doubt anyone outside the organization does.