• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So Greg Olsen got killed on twitter for his remarks....

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
He said if McCarthy was fired teams would be lining up to hire him (paraphrasing), then all the football people killed him on twitter, saying he's not a good coach, teams wouldn't want him etc.

McCarthy .621 regular season winning %, 11-10 post-season record, 3 straight 12-5 seasons, road playoff win last year.
Tomlin .630 regular season winning % 8-9 post season record, no post season wins in the last 6 years.

The national people call us idiots for suggesting we move on from Tomlin, I'm not sure what I'm missing here.

Yeah i saw the same thing this morning how they are calling for McCarthy's head, because the cowboys are about the post season.

Not a Tomlin advocate or super hater, but a BIG difference IMO in the charisma he brings and the branding for Tomlin over Mccarthy.
This charisma that you talk about can she get the team some playoff victories?

😁

I have to bring this back. I posted it a few weeks ago I think. Dude nails it. Tomlin and McCarthy are essentially the same guy. One gets constantly torched for under performing the other gets excuses and praised.

The Cowboys loss yesterday was something Tomlin would pull.

Read this article and replace the word Cowboys with Steelers, the name McCarthy with Tomlin and it's amazing how similar they are. Eerily similar....

"Jerry Jones pulled out his thesaurus."

"and having squandered a roster as talented as some of his 1990s Super Bowl winners "

"I understand it’s about winning the Super Bowl. That’s the standard of the league, and damn sure the standard of this place. So I get it, but add me to the list in that case.”

"The critics surely will. Some of the fans will, too. Because he’s right. The standard is the standard. "

😁
i dont know about that charisma, but i know what this one can get

Charisma-Carpenter-Pictures:-Bikini-in-Malibu-2013--09.jpg

best-from-the-past-charisma-carpenter-in-bikini-magazine-scans-1999_1.jpg

And if the Steelers lose today, the story will be how awesome Tomlin is for getting the team as far as they went.

I want a win today more than almost anything. If that happens, the rest of the season, however long it may be, is gravy. Just a playoff win. It seems like it’s been forever, and no one 1️⃣ n the media mentions it’s been seven years. Steelers used to be synonymous with winning in the playoffs. Now, we celebrate 9-8 like it’s an accomplishment.

I don’t need pretty, I don’t need a blowout. Just a damn playoff win.

And if the Steelers lose today, the story will be how awesome Tomlin is for getting the team as far as they went.

I want a win today more than almost anything. If that happens, the rest of the season, however long it may be, is gravy. Just a playoff win. It seems like it’s been forever. I don’t need pretty, I don’t need a blowout. Just a damn playoff win.
It is amazing how we curved our expectations over the years huh? When a fanbase would be just happy with a playoff win. But you are right...until a change happens I don't think we can expect much more...

😁

You are full of something today.............................................. Come out to my place and we will freeze that something right out-A yaz.......................... or off !!!!

Salute the nation

It is amazing how we curved our expectations over the years huh? When a fanbase would be just happy with a playoff win. But you are right...until a change happens I don't think we can expect much more...
And the ones that haven't curved their expectations, we're haters or spoiled.

Article is a bit over dramatic, comparing this Dallas Team to some of their 1990 Super Bowl Teams. Come on, that defense has been opportunistic and rushes the passer but Green Bay played it perfectly, they went for the lead early, were assisted by a couple penalties on their first drive and got the lead. The Cowboys have been tourched a couple times this year and played in the pitiful NFC East. They shouldn't have beaten Detroit last week.

Back to Coryea's point though, you're spot on. You only need to look at some of our squads six to ten years ago, I'd put those teams up against this Dallas team any day of the week and we won squat. Yet not a peep nationally about you know who.

I just heard a stat that might explain the difference.
Did you all know Tomlin has never had a losing season???
what? this is news to everyone.

If Tomlin would have went 12-5 the last 3 seasons, and won a playoff game I for one WOULDN'T be hoping and wishing for change.

But the last 3 seasons have been 9-7 playoff loss 9-8 missed playoffs 10-7 backed into playoffs, TBD.

If you throw out that complete fluke in 2020 where they got embarrassed by the Browns in the playoffs, you can go back to the 2017 playoffs when they got embarrassed by the Jags.

Big difference.

If Tomlin would have went 12-5 the last 3 seasons, and won a playoff game I for one WOULDN'T be hoping and wishing for change.

But the last 3 seasons have been 9-7 playoff loss 9-8 missed playoffs 10-7 backed into playoffs, TBD.

If you throw out that complete fluke in 2020 where they got embarrassed by the Browns in the playoffs, you can go back to the 2017 playoffs when they got embarrassed by the Jags.

Big difference.
They gave up 42, lost by 21 to the Chiefs in 2021 playoffs as well.

He said if McCarthy was fired teams would be lining up to hire him (paraphrasing), then all the football people killed him on twitter, saying he's not a good coach, teams wouldn't want him etc.

McCarthy .621 regular season winning %, 11-10 post-season record, 3 straight 12-5 seasons, road playoff win last year.
Tomlin .630 regular season winning % 8-9 post season record, no post season wins in the last 6 years.

The national people call us idiots for suggesting we move on from Tomlin, I'm not sure what I'm missing here.
It’s obviously the .9 point difference regular season winning %. That’s huge which makes shades the greatest coach ever.
I’m being sarcastic here because I find this anointment of Tomlin being this great coach totally ridiculous.
He’s a mediocre HC who the national media has decided to prop up to be this great coach.

The time to move away from Tomlin was after the playoff loss to the Jags at home against Blake Bortles.
Completely had his team focused on the next game with the Pats.
Should have been gone then!