• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So where do you get your news?

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I simply do not trust ABC, CBS, NBC, or CNN. Over the past 6 months, I have watched BBC World News almost exclusively and find their range of topics discussed, the quality of the reporting, and the general tenor to be quite good.

If I see a story on BBC World News, I almost always see both sides of the issues, with interviews of individuals who have legitimate knowledge of the topic.

So where do others get their news?

breitbart.com
townhall.com
thegatewaypundit.com
dailycaller.com
lifezette.com/polizette/
americanmilitarynews.com/
zerohedge.com
dailywire.com
redstate.com
yournewswire.com
thehill.com
frontpagemag.com
drudge.com
washingtonexaminer.com
bbc.com
truthfeed.com (sometimes...depending on the source)

There are others but those are my main ones.

I simply do not trust ABC, CBS, NBC, or CNN. Over the past 6 months, I have watched BBC World News almost exclusively and find their range of topics discussed, the quality of the reporting, and the general tenor to be quite good.

If I see a story on BBC World News, I almost always see both sides of the issues, with interviews of individuals who have legitimate knowledge of the topic.

So where do others get their news?

I don't get BBC, so if you're talking only about broadcast news then FOX is the only one for me.

If you're including the print media, then I subscribe to many of the ones Scrapdog listed as well.

Too easy. For Trump and his fanboys, the source of news is self-evident. :)

E46EE7DC-C585-4705-A3EF-F7B3B342B912_cx12_cy0_cw88_w1023_r1_s.jpg

Last edited:
CNN&MSNBC... Just some high quality leftist propaganda is the only way to go.haha. You can throw in ABC &CBS to complete the democrat shill networks. We also have most of Hollywood, late night shows and ******* ESPN to round out the brainwashing for the general population in all things twisted and false.

Fox has proven for years to be the most reliable and honest. They are not perfect but easily the best. You get to see both sides (or multiple sides) of the issues. Shepard Smith's an *******, though. I almost always turn him off as he is one of the biggest Trump haters out there.

Drudge
Breitbart
Fox
Limbaugh
Daily Caller
Washington Times
One America
New York Post
SNS

I get it here. Keep the links coming from who knows where.

I read the links on facebook sometimes depending the source.

I listen to NPR most days into work and around lunch time then on the way home. That's about 30 minutes at a time.

I read the USA today mobile app news at lunch every day. Mostly that involves main stories, then opinion pieces and if there isn't much going on I'll go to the sports headlines (though they are lacking).

On sports, as much as I hate them, when I wake up and eat my breakfast I will flip between ESPN Sportscenter and Mike&Mike. But that is literally only 15 minutes at most. I used to like and watch Pardon the Interruption when I came home, but that is very rare now and certainly not for a long period of time (5-10 minutes depending on topic).

I come here to check on Steelers News mostly what is being posted about in the forums (not the front page). I will also check while at work Pro Football Talk and Pro Football Rumors (kind of same style as PFT but much less political).

I very much like the app TheScore, which has news feeds on almost every sport known to man. I have been reading/following the Premier League off-season right now since we are in a transfer window before the season starts. Tons of money being thrown around in that sport.

After that, it's all search and find or go down the internet rabbit hole based on an article I read. So I might do some research on something that is being discussed here or on facebook. I might try to do my own fact check on something Tibs or one of you guys say.

That about covers it. I mean people ask me what I read, but it's more just where the links take me. I do try to take into account WHERE I'm reading something. I know most mainstream sites are left-leaning and breitbart and such are right-leaning. I take that into account.

I use feeds so I get news from all sources. I get a lot through Facebook feeds and Drudge. If I go direct to a source it's Fox and BBC. But I rarely do this as news feeds give me news that I can validate through multiple sources.

Cgtn and al jazeera are far better than anytjing we got. The Daily Mail is good too.

World news: NHK World, Asia Times, BBC, Canada Talks (SiriusXM channel 167)

U.S. News: Drudge, Fox

Military news: A private discussion group of ex-military, ex-gov't., and military historians.