• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 11

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
College Football Week 11

3 Cheaters at 10 Penn State 12:00 FOX Cheaters-4.5
Jim Harbaugh is a cheating scumbag. Reports are he will be suspended from the sidelines for the last 3 games. Big deal. He's not a playcaller. All his work is in practice and meetings. All he does on gameday is stand there with Resting Whine face. If this is the only punishment, it's BS.

Last year, after some brilliant halftime adjustments, UM was able to run all over Penn State in the 2nd half. Penn State was in the first year of Manny Diaz's complex defensive scheme and they made a lot of mistakes on run fits.

This year, Michigan's OL is not as dominant and their run game is good but not as great as last year. Penn State's run defense has been outstanding. There is more experience at LB and depth on the DL.

Penn State needs to slow the run and force McCarthy to win. McCarthy has been good this year but the schedule has been so easy, it's hard to tell how much is him being improved and how much is them playing a bunch of crappy teams.

Penn State's offense has opened up after the Ohio State loss. Dante Cephas has looked much better the last 2 games and may finally be grasping the offense. Michigan will likely do what most teams have done so far. Try to take away the run and force Penn State to pass. The WRs have started to make more plays and will have to do more.

DE Chop Robinson has missed the last 2 games, but he has been practicing and is expected to play. Michigan's OL has not been tested by a good pass rush yet this year. McCarthy hasn't really been pressured.

If Penn State can pull this upset, they may have the inside trackl to win the Big 10 East if MIch can knock off Ohio State later. The tiebreaker between 3 teams would be their record of their Big 10 west opponents. Penn State is helped by beating Iowa and may have the advantage if it comes to a tiebreaker.

Allar was clearly nervous vs Ohio State. Hopefully the home crowd and some more experience will help him get out to a fast start.

8 Alabama at Kentucky 12:00 ESPN Ala-11
Bama can clinch the SEC west with a win. Bama QB Jalen Milroe has been improving. Just have to hope they aren't looking past Kentucky to the big showdown with Chattanooga next week.

Miami at 4 Florida State 3:30 ABC FSU-14

this could be the last obstacle for FSU and a spot in the playoffs. Miami is having a disappointing season. Winning this rivalry game could save their season and maybe set the tome for next year. A bad loss could add a lot of pressure to the program.

18 Utah at 5 Washington 3:30 FOX Wash-9.5
SOmebody is getting shut out of the playoff. The Big 10 and SEC champs are in, even if they have 1 loss. THat's almost certain. That leaves Wash, FSU, and Texas chasing 2 spots. FSU has the easiest path. So it's likely Wash and Texas fighting for that last spot. Texas has that Bama win, so the Pac 10 champ might come up short if they have 1 loss.

13 Tennessee at 14 Missouri 3:30 CBS Tenn-2

who would have thought Missouri would still be a thing this late in the year? Both teams have 2 losses. Either team would have a great shot at finishing the year in the top 10 if they can avoid loss #3.

Rutgers at 22 Iowa 3:30 BTN Iowa-1 Over Under 28.5
Just read that Over Under again. 28.5 is ridiculous. I think i may still bet the under. Iowa has a great defense and a horrible offense that could only score 10 vs Northwestern. On a side note, NW is crazy if they don't make their interim coach the permanent head coach going forward. He inherited a dumpster fire and has NW playing tough each week.

Pitt vs Syracuse at Yankee Stadium 3:30 ACCN Pitt-3
Pitt may have pulled off an upset of FSU last week if not for an epic blunder that negated what should have been a long TD. That play summed up the Pitt season. At least they get to play in Yankee Stadium. That should be cool. Maybe Pitt can hire Matt Canada if they fire Narduzzi.

9 Ole Miss at 2 Georgia 7:00 ESPN UGA-10.5
Georgia is coming off a tough win vs Missouri. Ole Miss is a program looking for a signature win.

West Virginia at 17 Oklahoma 7:00 FOX OU-13
WVU is having a surprisingly good season. OK is coming of back to back road losses. They are back home to try to save the season and finish strong.

Florida at 19 LSU 7:30 SECN LSU-15
LSU was giving Bama all they could handle until QB Jayden Daniels was knocked out of the game on a late hit. He may not play in this one. He may not have to as Florida has been bad this year. Florida coach Billy Napier could be on the hot seat if they get blown out.

Duke at 24 North Carolina 8:00 ACCN UNC-14.5
Duke's promising season went down the tubes after their 3rd loss of the year. Still a good season overall for them and they can salvage things by ruining the season of rival UNC.

USC at 6 Oregon 10:30 FOX OR-15.5
there's no crying in baseball, but there's lots of crying for USC QB Caleb Williams. He has not had a great season. Oregon is the best team he'll play this year. If he has a bad game, does it push him out of #1 overall pick? Oregon needs to keep winning to keep their Pac 12 title and playoff berth alive. Bo Nix might be able to make a Heisman statement.

I thought it was pretty chicken **** to suspend Harbaugh TODAY when the the courts were closed so the they couldn't fight it. He can do all coaching duties except on game day? sounds pretty chicken **** to me. this is truly a last ditch effort to stop MI from winning a National Championship. MI is the most complete team college football has seen since the 2015 Tide.

I hope they ******* destroy every team they play until they win the National Championship. I am now a 100% MI fan for the remainder of this year.

GO BLUE

LOL. Penn State with Franklin have zero chance to win even without Harbaugh on the sideline. I'm a PSU homer but even I know this third tier head coach with 4 star recruits has no chance in these games. I'll be shocked if it's a two score game in the fourth quarter. I'm done with Franklin and even the upcoming loss tomorrow will never change we are stuck with him. 9-3 forever........

LOL. Penn State with Franklin have zero chance to win even without Harbaugh on the sideline. I'm a PSU homer but even I know this third tier head coach with 4 star recruits has no chance in these games. I'll be shocked if it's a two score game in the fourth quarter. I'm done with Franklin and even the upcoming loss tomorrow will never change we are stuck with him. 9-3 forever........
Franklin is the Tomlin of college ball; however, he at least doesn't accept .500 ball and hires some decent assistants like Manny Diaz. If PSU is to have any chance they probably need at least two defensive scores - not just short fields where they settle for field goals.

I'm just glad TTUN is finally gonna play somebody.
So far, their signature wins are Rutgers and Minnesota.

Big 10 did Michigan a favor with this joke Gameday only suspension, especially the timing of it. Watch them get a restraining order next week that will magically see him eligible to coach the Ohio State game.

This is nothing but a PR move by the Big 10 to pretend they did something. It will have almost no impact. MIch already went 3 games without Harbaugh on the sidelines this year. All this will do is piss them off.

Note that nowhere in Michigan's response did they deny anything.

Michigan/PSU seems like the most interesting game in a long time.

Rooting for Penn State,but don't expect a win. They never beat high ranked teams,not under Franklin anyway.

I could choke the DC for Penn State on his 3rd&long calls.

MI does know how to tackle

Hey, I heard as long as you don't have losing seasons it's a win and you're an awesome coach. I just heard this,but I could be wrong.

This year, Michigan's OL is not as dominant and their run game is good but not as great as last year. Penn State's run defense has been outstanding. There is more experience at LB and depth on the DL.
That's a good thing for Penn State or else Michigan may already have 200 yards rushing.

106 yards and 7.1 YPC and it's only the second quarter.

Just dumb defense for Penn State. Oh well.

I'll turn my focused to FSU vs Miami. That should be a fun game.

Dumb offense too. What a call was that on 3rd and 5?

What a joke.

Its about yard work time for me. Just like I figured it would be.

I expect this every year now...and Penn state just runs one in.

They're trying to keep me tuned in..lol