• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 5

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
College Football Week 5

6 Penn State at Northwestern 12:00 BTN PSU-28.5

PSU is coming off a dominant shutout vs Iowa where PSU ran more plays than Iowa had yards. Northwestern is struggling. They had to fire their coach Pat Fitzgerald just before the season started due to some hazing incidents.

Penn State's defense is getting better as they get some players back from injury. They have enough depth to have a rotation of pass rushers.

PSU fans want to see the offense finally explode. They have attempted very few deep throws and the RBs have yet to pop and big runs. They've had some WR injuries and defenses have been playing very deep. Allar has been patient enough to take what's given.

PSU has NW this week, then a Bye, then UMass, then @ Ohio State. It's hard not to already be looking ahead to OSU. This would seem the perfect formula for a trap game but I just can't see NW scoring many points and Penn State is the only team in the country yet to committ a turnover.

Friday night
10 Utah at 19 Oregon St 9:00 FS1 ORST-4.5
Utah has become west coast Iowa. Tough defense with a struggling offense. Oregon State is coming off a 3 point loss to #16 Wash State. Ore State is in a must win if they want to compete for the Pac title.

Saturday Games

8 USC at Colorado 12:00 FOX USC-21.5
9 AM Pacific kickoff. Will they be awake? Obviously this the the Fox game of the week because Colorado is the most consequeatial team of our time. Pay no attention to the beatdown Colorado took last week. Oregon must have just got lucky. USC's defense is not so good so Colorado should be able to score some, But the CO defense has no chance to stop the USC offense. Jerry Rice's son Brenden is a WR for USC after transferring from Colorado in 2022.

22 Florida at Kentucky 12:00 ESPN UK-1

Kentucky won 3 of the last 5 meetings after losing 31 straight to FLorida.

1 Georgia at Auburn 3:30 CBS UGA-14
UGA has been sleepwalking so far and with their schedule so far, that hasn't been a problem. They had to come from behind vs South Carolina. The reason there hasn't been a 3-peat in so long is that it's hard to keep the intensity. UGA probably wins but if they don;t wake up they could get caught one of these weeks.

2 Michigan at Nebraska 3:30 FOX Mich-17
I can pretty much cut and past what i wrote about Georgia here. The defense has been good against some bad teams but the offense has just been OK. Maybe they are just keeping everything under wraps until their first ranked opponent which not until Penn State on 11/11. nebrasks starting to play better but will have a tough time scoring vs Michigan

24 Kansas at 3 Texas 3:30 ABC Tex-16.5
Texas has been rolling but they haven't faced a good QB yet. Kansas QB Jalon Daniels is a dual threat who could be the first test. He may have to run for his life from that Texas DL. Kanses is 4-0 in back to back seasons for the first time in 108 years.

13 LSU at 20 Ole Miss 6:00 ESPN LSU-2.5
a pair of 1 loss teams. The out of playoff contention and probably out of contention for the SEC East. Ole Miss lost their only toght game vs bama last week. LSU got a tough win vs Arkansas last week and seems more battle tested.

11 Notre Dame at 17 Duke 7:30 ABC ND-5.5
after the gut wrenching loss to Ohio State last week, this is a classic setup for a letdown. Duke has probably been focused on ND for weeks. Duke really dominated Clemson. They have a good coach and a playmaking QB. Duke knows ND QB Sam Hartman well from his time at Wake Forest. ND has won 29 straight vs ACC teams. ND just needs to remember there are 11 men on the field.

South Carolina at 21 Tennessee 7:30 SECN TN-12
South Carolina gave UGA a scare but didn;t have the talent to hold on. Tenn is desperate to avoid a second loss that will knock them from SEC East contention. It was S Car who crushed Tenn's playoff hopes last year. Spencer Rattler shredd Tenn last year. He's an up and down player. Which one shows up vs Tenn this year?

West Virginia at TCU 8:00 ESPN2 TCU-14
Both teams rebounded from week 1 losses to win 3 straight. WVU has been surprisingly decent on defense.

12 Alabama at Miss State 9:00 ESPN ALa-14.5

Bama was left for dead after a loss to Texas where their offense was terrible. They seem to have a better feel for Milroe can do at QB which is not much. That's OK because now they know to rely on defense and the run game.

How is Rice's son doing?

How’s my guy I wanted last year doing? Till he undeclared. Olu Fashanu. Was it a good decision for him? Probably would have been #1 linemen taken either draft.

How’s my guy I wanted last year doing? Till he undeclared. Olu Fashanu. Was it a good decision for him? Probably would have been #1 linemen taken either draft.
I seen big boards where he is top 5. Top ten probably at worst...

I was foolish to think Shedur was on the same level as Caleb. All I can say is 'wow'...I hope Kenny is watching and wish his arm was as strong as Caleb's...

Oh Shedur...an apple turnover is very ill-advised...Travis Hunter's presence is very much missed.
Shedur has been hyped up a lot. Not sure that hype is totally deserved...

Penn State sleep walking through the first half vs NW. Down 10-3, about 6 minutes to go in the half.

Buffs score. I stand by the statement that Colorado is hamstrung on both sides w/out Travis. The kid shuts down his side of the field on defense and is the playmaker on offense.

Doesn't help that their starting safety is out today as well (Deion's other son)...

Penn State looking terrible. Still can't get any big runs or big plays and this is against a terrible D.

Penn State appears to be looking ahead to the Bye week.

**** meon and his over hyped team
They've got momentum now...Caleb got sacked (blindside) and USC punts it back to Colorado now...

They were down 21-0.

Their running game is better than the Steelers by far (today) LOL...a score on this drive puts them within 7.

They've got momentum now...Caleb got sacked (blindside) and USC punts it back to Colorado now...

They were down 21-0.

Their running game is better than the Steelers by far (today) LOL...a score on this drive puts them within 7.
or they could punt and give up another TD