• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 6 Bye Week

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Boring week with America's team, the Penn State Nittany Lions on a bye.

To hold you over, here's some PSU news. ESPN ranked the top 25 best impact true freshmen and Penn State had 4 on the list, the most of any team.

2. Abdul Carter LB, 3 Nick Singleton RB, 20 Dani Dennis-Sutton DE, 23 Kaytron Allen RB

Penn State's been playing lots of young players and they are starting to make plays. Future looking good.

On to the games I suppose

8 Tennessee at 25 LSU 12:00 ESPN Tenn -2.5
Tenn survived the grudge match with Florida. Will they have a letdown and look ahead to Bama next week? LSU got off to a slow start with a loss vs a decent Florida State. Tenn QB Hendon Hooker is improving but that Tenn defense is a bit suspect. Florida's offense is not great and Tenn could barely stop them. LSU is not great offense either. Tenn better stay focused.

17 TCU at 19 Kansas 12:00 FS1 TCU -7
Kansas is undefeated. Their coach's name is Lance Leipold. Kansas boosters are concerned they may lose him to a bigger program, or to a Disney movie where Lance Leipold rescues a princess. TCU is also unbeaten and their coach Sonny Dykes may also be on the short list for teams like Nebraska. May as well call this the resume bowl.

4 Michigan at Indiana 12:00 FOX Mich -22.5
With Penn State looming next week, can Michigan manage their fear long enough to deal with Indiana? Sure, Michigan will likely win, but can we be certain that Jim Harbaugh is not a serial killer? TBD...

Arkansas at 23 Miss State 12:00 SECN MSST -9
Arkansas had a close loss to Texas A&M and then they played Bama close most of the way. Can Arkansas ALMOST win 3 games in a row?

Auburn at 2 Georgia 3:30 CBS UGA -28
Georgia nearly lost to Missouri last week and fell a spot in the poll. Was it a fluke? Maybe not because they also had a rough outing vs Kent State the previous week. Missouri simply used the same gameplan. Kent found a glitch in Georgia and they better get it fixed. Auburn, like Kent and Mizz doesn't have enough offense to make Georgia pay but it could be a problem down the road.

11 Utah at 18 UCLA 3:30 FOX Utah -3.5
Chip Kelly is building up UCLA into a tough running team behind Michigan transfer RB Zach Charbonnet. Toughness is Utah's game as well. UCLA's 8 game win streak is actually second longest in the nation behind Clemson's 11. This would be a huge win if UCLA could pull it off.

3 Ohio State at Michigan State 4:00 ABC OSU -27
hard to believe but this is Ohio State's first road game of the year. They only have 4 road games all year. I know you're thinking the Big 10 plays favorites with their scheduling but stop that. It's a total coincidence Mich and Ohio State get favorable schedules most years. Just like it's pure luck of the draw that Penn State has had their firsr conference game on the road in 17 of 18 years. Nothing to see there. Trust the schedule science.

I suppose Ohio State could be a bit sluggish in their first road game but MSU sucks so this is a likely blowout. It's funny that last year MSU coach Mel Tucker and Penn State's James Franklin both got big contracts. Most people praised MSU as locking up the great Mel Tucker while questioning paying Franklin. Tucker should buy RB Kenneth Walker a rolex or somethin.

16 BYU vs Notre Dame at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas 7:30 NBC ND -4
Yeah, these are the 2 schools you asociate with vegas. Notre Dame starting to show life after a rough start to the season. BYU is a passing team and ND is good at rushing the passer. The BYU OL probably decides this one way or the other.

Texas A&M at 1 Alabama 8:00 CBS Bama -24
Kind of funny how Bama moves up to 1 while their QB is injured and may not play. Why should a detail like possibly not having your QB matter in rankings? Saban and Jimbo Fisher went at each other in the offseason when Saban (with a straight face) accused Texas A&M of paying for recruits. Freaking hilarious. That should ramp up the intensity a bit. Texas A&M sucks on offense so it probably won't matter who Bama plays at QB. I'm thinking Saban sits Young and sees how it goes. Maybe bring him in if TAM somehow scores 14 points. Bama needs young healthy for Tenn next week, a team that can actually score points.

Nice write up Tape, thank you.

Alabama,................................................................................................................................................... The End

Salute the nation

Here is Dallas it's Texas/OU weekend. No other games matter today around here. I am not really a fan of college football myself. However my wife love the longhorns. Our friends who we are going over to their house for the game are OU fans. This should be interesting. I get to taunt them both the whole time while drinking whiskey and beer (hopefully I can drink, I am a week out of surgery so we shall see how that goes). It will be fun either way!

Could have sworn i had Texas Oklahoma in there

Red River Shootout from the Cotton Bowl in dallas

Texas vs Oklahoma 12:00 ABC Tex -8
Texas looked like they may have had the program back on track with QB Quinn Ewers giving them a lead vs Alabama. Then Ewers got hurt and things started to fall apart. Ewers is supposed to be back for the big rivalry game today. Oklahoma is in shambles. They lost to Kansas State but then followed that up with getting blown out last week vs TCU.

Oklahoma coach Brent Venables is supposed to be a defensive mastermind. That may be the problem. His defense is complex and takes time to learn. They are struggling on that learning curve. It's not rosy on offense either as QB Dillon Gabriel appears to be out with a concussion and one of the backups will start. Maybe they will play multiple QBs.

Just have to point out that Oklahoma's 3rd string QB is named General Booty. That's not a nickname. That's his real birth certificate name.
I've got no problem with Booty, but Arkansas linebacker Bumper Pool is my personal favorite.

Not fan of Tenn's uniforms.

Boring week with America's team, the Penn State Nittany Lions on a bye.

Texas A&M at 1 Alabama 8:00 CBS Bama -24
Kind of funny how Bama moves up to 1 while their QB is injured and may not play. Why should a detail like possibly not having your QB matter in rankings? Saban and Jimbo Fisher went at each other in the offseason when Saban (with a straight face) accused Texas A&M of paying for recruits. Freaking hilarious. That should ramp up the intensity a bit. Texas A&M sucks on offense so it probably won't matter who Bama plays at QB. I'm thinking Saban sits Young and sees how it goes. Maybe bring him in if TAM somehow scores 14 points. Bama needs young healthy for Tenn next week, a team that can actually score points.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...stop hatin'

Bama has played better than Georgia over the past two weeks AND won convincingly w/ a backup QB last week.

That is why we moved up to #1.

I just want to see what Milroe can do in a full game - today is his chance...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...stop hatin'

Bama has played better than Georgia over the past two weeks AND won convincingly w/ a backup QB last week.

That is why we moved up to #1.

I just want to see what Milroe can do in a full game - today is his chance...
Other teams get penalized in the rankings for key injuries. Ohio State probably should’ve move up.

I know no one but me cares

but UH was down 26-7 with 14:30 to go in the 4th

then i guess Canada quit the play calling and the guy who did it last season took over

20 offensive points later plus 6 from a kickoff return and the Coogs steal one on the road 33-32

They are down their top 2 RBs and their best defender but finally opened up the offense and pulled out the victory

I know no one but me cares

but UH was down 26-7 with 14:30 to go in the 4th

then i guess Canada quit the play calling and the guy who did it last season took over

20 offensive points later plus 6 from a kickoff return and the Coogs steal one on the road 33-32

They are down their top 2 RBs and their best defender but finally opened up the offense and pulled out the victory
You're absolutely right...no one else cares...

Get your chili ready for this evening😂😂😂