• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Harbaugh’s Ravens.. do they intentionally injure QBs?

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Ok I was initially saying this same thing in jest because of the weird fact they just knocked two 200+ million dollar QBs out for the season, but this is becoming an actual topic on some boards.

someone pointed out that it isn’t isolated to just these two weeks… for instance, they are the team that KO’d Tannehill this year too…
and last year they concussed Pickett..
(in fact, now that I am thinking of it, a couple other high profile of QB injuries of Pittsburgh have come vs the Ravens…
the concussion that derailed Rudolphs season happened vs them… several Ben injuries including the one where they broke his nose with a hit ( without drawing a flag) )

Ravens fan’s point out that this year, they lead the league in Sacks… but other’s point out that teams with high sack totals happen annually without the QB injuries that follow

Honestly, I am pretty sure its a freak occurrence..
I think they are trying to be physical, but not necessarily dirty… but there have been bounty rumors from that team in the past…

Im more curious about how their preponderance of QB hit’s don’t really draw flags and how the media is completely quiet about it… hell we still hear about the Kimo hit occasionally and that was significantly more isolated an incident than this lately…

I think I might be a little jealous in that regards…I feel like if we had knocked those three qbs out this year, we would be villified by every outlet and investigated by the league lol…

They’d probably suspend James Harrison just out of habit…

They play dirty and they like it.

I mentioned this in another thread. I was watching their game last week and they looked to be deliberately trying to hurt people. They were going at players ankles and knees when they were already in a pile with the whistle blowing. I saw them do it at least several times in just the 4th quarter.

I miss physical defense that scares people 🤷🏻‍♂️

Me too, but would settle for a defense that didn’t play 10 yards off on a 3rd and 3.

Salute the nation

No, Baltimore doesnt intentionally hurt qb's. Cmon, let's please not be one of those dumbass fanbases

I’m afraid you are late as we have some of those already……………

Salute the nation

When I was a kid...

We used to play kill the man with the ball.....when we didnt have enough guys to field two teams for a tackle football game.

Hurting someone wasnt in intentional...but as with the games title....it was kill the man with the ball.

just saying.

Meh reading this, I think so far the Majority here seems to feel as I do… the Ravens injuries against are just flukey and not really coordinated.

I feel the same about the LB from the bengals who injured everyone last game… i don’t think he was intentionally trying to hurt anyone… its tackle football, sometimes guys get hurt..

Now in the past, some of those concussions they have given qbs have come off late or questionable plays where they were probably trying to hit and rattle the QB as much as they can… and sometimes they have inadvertently crossed a line…and they should get flagged more for those hits …
…but its not like the Ratbirds aim low or launch at guys heads or try to create injuries… sometimes teams trying to pressure the qb do end up with late hits…and sometimes when you tackle a guy, you inadvertently land on him, (it happens to us too.) the likely hits that caused these injuries were not really late or overly violent…

Its just a fluke week for them

When I was a kid...

We used to play kill the man with the ball.....when we didnt have enough guys to field two teams for a tackle football game.

Hurting someone wasnt in intentional...but as with the games title....it was kill the man with the ball.

just saying.
We played that as well but it had a far more inappropriate name smear the ....... I let you figure out the rest, it rhymes. I don't want to trigger certain parts of the alphabet community.

Well they did intentionally take our Duce Staley. I remember Ray Lewis punching him in the hamstring. He was running all over the Rats.

The push the rules till called and then last week Hairball complains about a tackle the injured a player.