• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial Thoughts on bungles game

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Pickens....great game...but you still gotta block when called upon

rudy, solid game missed a few deep shots but overall very good....yes it hurts to post that

at least for tonight Najee>Warren

harvin??? where the **** are the punts you did in preseason

Defense - one hell of a game 3 sacks, 3 ints, a forced fumble - Mixon could not get going, they totally shut down the running game

Roberts with a pectoral injury is likely gone for the season

overall great game nice to not be sweating out the end of the game..not sure how to react when my blood pressure isn't sky high after the game

Go Chargers

QB-
Mason had the best game a Steelers QB has had since Ben Roethlisberger. Think about that.

RB-
Najee ran hard but fizzled at the end.
Warren was held in check and almost dropped the ball literally but luckily Mason got it out of the end zone.

TE-
Where was Freiermuth?

WR-
George is a difference maker. Get him 8+ targets every game.

OL- looks better when the ball gets out on time.

edge-
Watt and Highsmith show why they are the best tandem in football. Even going into coverage.

ILB-
Roberts getting hurt really sucks. Lot of yards trying to play cover 2 with Walker and Jack.

CB-
JPJ really kept Higgins in check. Should have just kept him on him in man all game.

S-
Actually played well and wasn’t the cause of too many mistakes.

DL- did a great job stopping the run. Not too much pressure up the middle though.

It’s been over 2 years since we scored over 30 points. It’s funny how someone who reads a defense, understands where to throw the ball, and sits in the pocket and delivers changes the dynamic of the offense. We didn’t need Roethlisberger this season. We just needed a middle of the pack QB and we would be contending with the Ravens for the AFC North. But who knows maybe we can sneak into the playoffs still with our 12% chance.

I have to rewatch most of the first half but from what I saw...

Rudy has a stronger arm and seems to have better pocket awareness than all three of our QBs.

Muth didn't play a role in today's game with catches but collectively, our TEs know how to keep the QB clean. Only one sack given up tonight (I think).

Love the RB combo - keep rumblin', stumblin' and bing, bam, boom - Najee will hurt teams late in the game. Don't like watching him in stretch plays though...

The defensive scheme was AWESOME!!! Sorry to see Roberts go down today.

Ahhh...two years in a row - Steelers win just before Christmas.

Two more shots of water for me!!!

It’s simply amazing what even semi-competent QB play will do for an offense.

Rudy showed out a little bit tonight. Fun game to watch and nice to see for him.

If I’m the Tomlin, Rudy starts at Seattle, Kenny backs him up and Mitch is inactive. Rudy has earned another start.

It’s simply amazing what even semi-competent QB play will do for an offense.

Rudy showed out a little bit tonight. Fun game to watch and nice to see for him.

If I’m the Tomlin, Rudy starts at Seattle, Kenny backs him up and Mitch is inactive. Rudy has earned another start.
Tomlin is too stubborn

I think we are seeing a classic case of knee jerk reaction. We already knew Mason could throw a good long ball. But a lot of things had to line up for this outcome tonight. A team that didn't win three in a row. A QB hungry for playing time and played like it. A iffy defense.

I will credit the whole team for a victory. But Rudolph is not a long term answer. He just isn't. The reality is Pickett might not be either. But even that isn't locked in...yet.

I think we are seeing a classic case of knee jerk reaction. We already knew Mason could throw a good long ball. But a lot of things had to line up for this outcome tonight. A team that didn't win three in a row. A QB hungry for playing time and played like it. A iffy defense.

I will credit the whole team for a victory. But Rudolph is not a long term answer. He just isn't. The reality is Pickett might not be either. But even that isn't locked in...yet.
Dude. Come on. At least give the guy credit for playing well.

Rudy made more checks to multiple WRs, tonight, than Kenny has all season.

[NOTE] - I'm watching the game from the start now. His slant pass to George was absolutely perfect. This, BTW, is not me bashing Kenny - I just see Rudy as more talented, right now.

Really nice overall effort tonight by the entire team including coaching.
Shades with not one but TWO challenges won.
I have to give credit where credit due. Shades did a nice job of getting the team ready especially a patchwork defense. Did the best he could with many replacement defensive guys. Nice job coach.
Mason did a really nice job tonight. Very happy for him and put some good stuff on tape for next year.
George had an amazing game. No one ever questioned his talents only his attitude and heart.
Now build from this effort George and move forward.
Next week will be extremely difficult in Seattle no matter who starts at QB. They to are fighting for a playoff spot and will be difficult to beat.

Dude. Come on. At least give the guy credit for playing well.
I did give him credit. I am just not ready to over inflate his value like some are. I give him credit for a good game. I will not stamp him as a QB that should get the nod moving forward. Really fair if everything is examined.

[NOTE] - I'm watching the game from the start now. His slant pass to George was absolutely perfect. This, BTW, is not me bashing Kenny - I just see Rudy as more talented, right now.
Right now. 😬

il6zhynxgyun9uvsofgr

One good game can do that. I don't see him as being able to maintain tonights performance. That George slant shouldn't have been a long TD that was all on George and should be he faked the defender out. The great play from Rudolph was actually what he is great at those long passes. Where he dropped in it in the breadbox.

One good game can do that. I don't see him as being able to maintain tonights performance. That George slant shouldn't have been a long TD that was all on George and should be he faked the defender out. The great play from Rudolph was actually what he is great at those long passes. Where he dropped in it in the breadbox.
True, but the ball has to be SPOT ON, on a slant, for George to, first catch it, AND THEN, make YAC and the TD.

It's ok for us to disagree on this...

QB-
Mason had the best game a Steelers QB has had since Ben Roethlisberger. Think about that.

RB-
Najee ran hard but fizzled at the end.
Warren was held in check and almost dropped the ball literally but luckily Mason got it out of the end zone.

TE-
Where was Freiermuth?

WR-
George is a difference maker. Get him 8+ targets every game.

OL- looks better when the ball gets out on time.

edge-
Watt and Highsmith show why they are the best tandem in football. Even going into coverage.

ILB-
Roberts getting hurt really sucks. Lot of yards trying to play cover 2 with Walker and Jack.

CB-
JPJ really kept Higgins in check. Should have just kept him on him in man all game.

S-
Actually played well and wasn’t the cause of too many mistakes.

DL- did a great job stopping the run. Not too much pressure up the middle though.

It’s been over 2 years since we scored over 30 points. It’s funny how someone who reads a defense, understands where to throw the ball, and sits in the pocket and delivers changes the dynamic of the offense. We didn’t need Roethlisberger this season. We just needed a middle of the pack QB and we would be contending with the Ravens for the AFC North. But who knows maybe we can sneak into the playoffs still with our 12% chance.
Some folks should be getting a taste of crow. lol
Just a little taste... Rudy has to be able to maintain the way he played today.

Pickens had a good game but still needs to grow up.
Our defense made some plays but they are terrible at tackling and coverage.
Love watching Warren play.
Good for you Rudy, you helped spread that mustard all over Tomlin face.
WE just will not throw to the tight ends

True, but the ball has to be SPOT ON, on a slant, for George to, first catch it, AND THEN, make YAC and the TD.

It's ok for us to disagree on this...
Sure but don't put your chips down in Vegas. As these exact conditions won't take place moving forward.

I thought the difference was Rudy's deep ball. But when they can run the ball like that they are a different team. When you get two picks and a goal line stand you should win. The offense itself did not look different in structure or really where they threw.. Some big plays good run game.

ICS initial thoughts.

All this does is give the front office: “see, see, his .500 is still solid, we’re fine for another 5-10”.

This game just ****** us removing him. Loved watching the players ball out. Pissed bc I know the outcome for this couching staff.

Rudy did make checks, but he also had more time. The Bengals D was very bad. Not to say Mason didnt play well, but Kenny put up 400 yrds on the Bengals as well.

I did give him credit. I am just not ready to over inflate his value like some are. I give him credit for a good game. I will not stamp him as a QB that should get the nod moving forward. Really fair if everything is examined.
If we examine things fairly, Kenny Pickett hasn’t had this kind of game yet. He may never have one. Rudolph, QB3, taking no meaningful practice snaps until this week and hasn’t had a start since 2021 just played the best game by a Steelers QB since Big Ben. Does this mean he is the franchise? Obviously no. But he’s earned another start based on his performance tonight. Nothing more, nothing less.

Some folks should be getting a taste of crow. lol
Just a little taste... Rudy has to be able to maintain the way he played today.
Mainly a coach that takes too long to switch from one backup to another. Mitch wasn't playing well and should have been benched much sooner.