• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial Thoughts on Colts Game

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
That ******* sucked

Supid penalties, Stupid turnovers, not much pressure or tackling or coverage on defense

definitely Najee's worst rushing game probably in his lifetime

Fields looked bad in the first half, but had some good drives in the second. seemed better at deciding when to just let his feet do the work 3 TD drives thamn the **** up on the snap on the last drive...damn

the D made it easy on richardson and flacco...letting them play catch with wide open receviers the whole game

this loss is on the D

3-1 is great, but damn

That ******* sucked

Supid penalties, Stupid turnovers, not much pressure or tackling or coverage on defense

definitely Najee's worst rushing game probably in his lifetime

Fields looked bad in the first half, but had some good drives in the second. seemed better at deciding when to just let his feet do the work 3 TD drives thamn the **** up on the snap on the last drive...damn

the D made it easy on richardson and flacco...letting them play catch with wide open receviers the whole game

this loss is on the D

3-1 is great, but damn

Not trying to play tge blame Tomlin card, but we are tied at the end if he just punts at the 40 in the first ******* quarter

Bad coaching nearly from start to finish.

Defense laid an egg today. Allowed Joe Flacco to throw for 2 TDs and couldn't get a big stop in the second half.

Fields showed a lot more in the second half after a rough first by the offense. Basically no help from the OL or running game once Patterson went out. Pickens with a critical fumble that cost the team points and a dropped TD.

A clean game by the Steelers, they win despite the 17-0 deficit. Coaching and injuries mounted along with the lack of execution. They could've won, but earned a loss with the sloppiness.

The botched snap was unfortunate, as Fields was impressing in the fourth quarter up to that point. This was his second strong statistical performance in a row with this one actually translating into more than 20 points, and there could have been more if not for the Pickens fumble.

Despite some issues, he's showing more potential than I thought he would, to be honest.

They obviously were not going 17-0 this season, but the way they lost while allowing Richardson and Flacco to look like Peyton Manning is a concern. The Steelers will probably rank well in the bottom half of the league in pass defense after today. They cannot seem to stop anyone unless TJ Watt plays out of his mind. Fortunately, he doesn't have many quiet games like he had today.

Bad coaching nearly from start to finish.

Defense laid an egg today. Allowed Joe Flacco to throw for 2 TDs and couldn't get a big stop in the second half.

Fields showed a lot more in the second half after a rough first by the offense. Basically no help from the OL or running game once Patterson went out. Pickens with a critical fumble that cost the team points and a dropped TD.

A clean game by the Steelers, they win despite the 17-0 deficit. Coaching and injuries mounted along with the lack of execution. They could've won, but earned a loss with the sloppiness.
Yep a complete team loss for me. Every phase of the team minus special teams did dumb ****.

I will say I liked the fight to at least get them in range but for various reasons… I agree the Steelers were capable of winning this game.

Did Daniel come back? If he remained out that would explain Najee not having a great game. A lot of moving parts in the OL.

Encouraged that the team hung in there and fought back - even the defense getting the 3 and out at the end. Really wondering what happened the rest of the game though. I think the offense showed today that the defense doesn't have to be lights out to win games, but today was unacceptable. Few teams win when the other team basically scores at will. Before the season 2-2 would have been acceptable, 3-1 is great. Need another W at home next week.

Not trying to play tge blame Tomlin card, but we are tied at the end if he just punts at the 40 in the first ******* quarter
[/QUOTE
Cant really say that. He gambled that if not gotten, the Def would step up. They didn't

The D was horrible. The OL was horrible - especially in the first half. Dumb play calls at times. Dumb challenges and non-challenges once again. Overall, Fields played very well and should remain the starter. I don't think Wilson could have even gotten us back in the game like Fields did. He had the fumble but they got nothing on it and then he carried the team on his back for 2 more TD's in the 4th. That bad snap was also a killer. It put them way behind the sticks. There was a holding/PI non-call on Pickens that even the guy in the booth commented on. That would have given us a legit chance to at least tie the game, if not win it outright.

Oh, and losing Patterson was a killer. He was really helping with the run game. Tomlin didn't even try the guy they brought up from the practice squad to give Najee a breather.

Did Daniel come back? If he remained out that would explain Najee not having a great game. A lot of moving parts in the OL.
Adamski reported Daniels was in a walking booth and on crutches. What was Najee's excuse before the injury because Patterson was shredding that same defense?

Adamski reported Daniels was in a walking booth and on crutches. What was Najee's excuse before the injury because Patterson was shredding that same defense?
Even with Daniel our OL is very young and haven't had a lot of snaps together. And there isn't going to be a lot of running lanes when the opposition loads the box.

Not excuses - just saying

Patterson is a beast.
Najee is just not getting it done.
Jones is really not impressive.
Fields looks like he could be our guy.
Defense was a no show.
Coaches seem to be making adjustments they havnt in the past that drove us all so crazy.
I like Austin. He’s making plays.
Should be 4-0 but no one thought we’d be 3-1 so I’ll take it.

The botched snap was unfortunate, as Fields was impressing in the fourth quarter up to that point. This was his second strong statistical performance in a row with this one actually translating into more than 20 points,
We did take the knee last week from the one....we easily could have jad 7 more points. 😀