• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial Thoughts on cowboy Game

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
rain delays on night games ******* suck

first half offense flat out sucked, play calling, execution, penalties, everything sucked

Thank God the D got two turnovers to keep it close

Fields had a terrible game...hell the whole offense did

Defense was weak as hell except for the turnovers and blocked FG

Roberts almost won it at the goal line

******* weak *** defense to end it

hate ******* losing to dallas

russel wilson time next week

Offense made way too many mistakes in the first half. Especially false starts/procedure. They can't afford to play behind the yard sticks.

Defense was pretty much screwed once Herbig went down. Hate to say it but I'm not sure what Minkah and Queen are adding at this point. Both need to have a much bigger impact. Like you said that play Roberts made was one for the ages. Overall outplayed badly and didn't deserve the W 😥

I'm angry and I'm tired of seeing this same **** offense do nothing. It has no timing to it at all. A lot of time to throw today and nothing.

The defense got carved up all day. They did get a couple turnovers. They'll need to score touchdowns with them because the offense won't do **** with it.

Offense made way too many mistakes in the first half. Especially false starts/procedure. They can't afford to play behind the yard sticks.

Defense was pretty much screwed once Herbig went down. Hate to say it but I'm not sure what Minkah and Queen are adding at this point. Both need to have a much bigger impact. Like you said that play Roberts made was one for the ages. Overall outplayed badly and didn't deserve the W 😥
Queen so far isn't worth the money they gave him.

Roberts always brings the wood. If they could have only recovered the fumble.

I'm angry and I'm tired of seeing this same **** offense do nothing. It has no timing to it at all. A lot of time to throw today and nothing.

The defense got carved up all day. They did get a couple turnovers. They'll need to score touchdowns with them because the offense won't do **** with it.
It would be nice if the defense just stopped touchdowns. They were lucky not to have 30+ scored on them today. Dallas looked like the Greatest Show on Turf tonight 😡

Minkah is stuck in single deep safety because our ILBs and DL can’t stop the run or the short passing game. It has been the same story for years.

We seem to always take the lead too soon. Just like the Ben pass to AB. We left too much time.
Wouldn’t be a problem if we could actually score points like other teams

It would be nice if the defense just stopped touchdowns. They were lucky not to have 30+ scored on them today. Dallas looked like the Greatest Show on Turf tonight 😡
Wide open guys with nobody around all over the place. I envy that because we never get that with our offense...ugh.

I've seen this movie too many times.

Attention Arthur Smith and Mike Tomlin. I know you want to run the ball but you can't. This OL has too many injuries and Najee is slow as hell. Maybe when Warren comes back you can revisit a run game but force feeding Najee a bunch of 3 yard carries does nothing.

Play Roman Wilson. I don;t want to hear this nonsense about a moving train or whatever. You just played some guy from the practice squad but somehow Roman Wilson just hasn't mastered the offense enough to play. I have no idea if he's the answer but i know that they other guys aren't.

Is Roman Wilson part of trade negotiations with other teams? Is that the plan to offer Roman Wilson and picks to get a top WR? With Wilson deemed healthy, this is the only reason that makes sense.

RPO has to be the offense. You can't run honestly and you have 1 WR that gets open. There's a reason why service academies still use option. It's what you do to even the odds when you lack weapons and a dominant OL.

This offense has 3 playmakers. Fields, Pickens, Freiermuth. Stop designing plays to get the 4th WR or the 3rd TE in open space.

What does Patrick Queen do? Nothing apparently. Roberts is the better run stuffer and Payton Wilson looks better in coverage. So far Queen looks like a bigger Devin Bush. Pile jumper.

The defense has been giving up a lot of yards recently, and the Cowboys could have had a lot more than 20 points. Give the Steelers defense credit for forcing the turnovers, but the blocked FG was a special teams play and Prescott's INT in the endzone before halftime was just a stupid throw on his part.

The Colts and Cowboys have exposed the defense a bit, and it deserves its share of the blame for both losses.

Offensively, the Steelers lack a consistent running game and options at WR. Fields has done some good things, but not enough to play over Russell Wilson once he is ready to go. I'm not sure Wilson will make a ton of difference, given the others problems with the offense, but it is time to find out what he has to offer. Fields has been better than expected, but not good enough.

Overall, they're not looking very good right now, and I'm pretty sure I would have still felt the same way had they stopped the Cowboys at the end of the game to go to 4-1.

Defense got worn out. Honestly Herbig injury was too much. My kid said it best. Either let Fields win the games or put Russ in. You can't keep panning to him sulking on the sideline. The ******* football must get thrown over the middle. You have to risk losing to win at the highest levels. They got a smarter Matt Canada here. But they are still playing caveman ball and they really don't have the bodies to do it.

I know everybody loves Herbig, and so do I. However, two games without Highsmith and the run defense has suffered terribly. The splash plays are great. I feel like we got those from Herbig when he was the rotational OLB anyway. I'll be glad to see Highsmith return and help set the edge and stop the run.

I know everybody loves Herbig, and so do I. However, two games without Highsmith and the run defense has suffered terribly. The splash plays are great. I feel like we got those from Herbig when he was the rotational OLB anyway. I'll be glad to see Highsmith return and help set the edge and stop the run.
We miss him badly and are now desperate for his return. Watt can do a lot but not alone.

Yep. We were lucky to be in it until the end. Dallas out played us, but kept shooting themselves in the foot. I would have taken the victory, but we didn’t deserve it.

Also, this **** Tomlin said about managing Pickens' snaps to try to get more out of him. WTF?!! You have one viable WR on your team and you "manage his snaps". You basically took away one of your only weapons on offense. smh

1 Fields wasn’t accurate on the night. Put the team in too many pressure situations. Can’t afford to carry on with a failing experiment.

2,Beanie isn’t the answer inside get him off the field.

3. Not having a capable inside corner and number 2 WR bit them in the arse.

4 Why didn’t they prevent the runoff then let them score? You have more time on the clock and get the ball. The field position at that point didn’t favor the D.

5 We are seeing the same problem that we have seen for a long time. In a pivotal game the team in general didn’t deliver.

A side note it really really is disappointing seeing the team start off decent then fade quickly. Good teams find ways to win bad teams fine ways to lose.

Also, this **** Tomlin said about managing Pickens' snaps to try to get more out of him. WTF?!! You have one viable WR on your team and you "manage his snaps". You basically took away one of your only weapons on offense. smh
55 percent completion percentage won’t win you many games. It also puts the D in more pressure situations from the lack of offense.

Yeah I thought Mike didn’t manage that end well at all.

1 Fields wasn’t accurate on the night. Put the team in too many pressure situations. Can’t afford to carry on with a failing experiment.

2,Beanie isn’t the answer inside get him off the field.

3. Not having a capable inside corner and number 2 WR bit them in the arse.

4 Why didn’t they prevent the runoff then let them score? You have more time on the clock and get the ball. The field position at that point didn’t favor the D.

5 We are seeing the same problem that we have seen for a long time. In a pivotal game the team in general didn’t deliver.

A side note it really really is disappointing seeing the team start off decent then fade quickly. Good teams find ways to win bad teams fine ways to lose.
I agree with everything except letting them score. We were a fumble recovery and then a contested 4th down TD pass away from winning.

I agree with everything except letting them score. We were a fumble recovery and then a contested 4th down TD pass away from winning.
Deep inside the 10 doesn’t equate to a favorable outcome.They should known this team isn’t the making of the second Steeler curtain. Stop treating them like they are.