• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Your Judgement, NFL Marketing division on Social Justice

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
How did they do, week four or 1/3 season complete. How has your experience with the NFL SJ been?

Many here said they would be gone if...several reasons... Happened. Is there anyone here who does NOT actively watch the NFL or STEELERS football on TV ?

Personally, my method of watching STEELERS football has changed but the way I watch is totally free of the movement. I haven't watched on regular TV as I'm weinied from that. I don't pay a cent and have NOT been to my sports bar of the last 20+ seasons to watch either (no social distancing or precautions of any kind).

How has a regular game on regular broadcast been as far as handling of the social justice been.

WHAT grade would you give the NFL Marketing Team ?

EDIT: Political experience of SJ

Salute the nation

Last edited:
Haven’t watched a single game but the Steelers, I DVR it and fast forward the first couple of minutes. I mute the broadcast and listen to the Steelers broadcast. Haven’t spent any money on merchandise. Cancelled my planned trip to Dallas for the November game. I quit my big money Fantasy football league.

I get my football info from this site. Watching nothing. Wearing nothing. Buying nothing.

I feel ripped off over the political crap, and the obvious favoratism towards the cheats. I just can't abide this nonsense.

So, I don't.

Last edited:
They have lost their omph in anything they say. They have force fed the nation, slogans, helmet writings. Booth commentators forcing a message and then the commercials. All directed to one race and yet not one Black player has said they have been racist in the past , Their slogan alone is as racist as can be and offend all other races. Hate to say it but I asume many have become racist that never gave it a thought till the NFL used their power to preach

The NBA found out the hard way what happens when you drag politics into the sport. Their nba finals ratings are down over 50%, that is unheard of. Their commissioner, Adam Silver said he is withdrawing all BLM from the league for next year... the NBA won’t recover from this for a while though.

I hope lebron sees who runs the league.. THE PEOPLE! No one gives a damn about watching him play and sure as hell not about what comes out his mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I refuse to watch the product that is today's NFL. They've sucked the fun out of the game, completely. Kickoffs...out the back of the end zone. Hitting...too rough, players ejected, changing outcomes of the games. Beautiful catch and toe tap as the WR scores...cant cheer yet...let's watch 20 different slowed down replays as the commentators give us their opinion..BUT WAIT!!..lets go to New York and listen to a "Rules Analyst" apply the theory of the rule to the replay...Ref steps on the field and renders a call that objects to the "rules analyst" and the commentators scratch their heads and try to make sense of the verdict. Blown calls...no replay eligible. Commercials...every five minutes and you're saturated with the same pizza and beer commercials. Over. and Over.

Now, you add all of the politics and bullshit social injustice warriors who feel that their fame is a pulpit to idolize gang bangers and make us all feel sorry for lacking skin pigmentation. **** you. Play the damn game.

I get my Steeler fix by watching the game highlights on YouTube and listening to you guys and gals on the board.

I'll admit to watching the Steeelers, but haven't watched a single down of any other game. DVR, muting with music for background noise.

Having social issues shoved down everyone's throat when we live in the freest, most prosperous, land of opportunity in the world, is nothing but a politically motivated agenda that does nothing to quantify the perceived injustices.

Honestly this was more than I was planning to do, but Direct TV gave me the ticket free this year to lure me back. Won't happen.

Agree with Omar, after week 1, I haven’t seen noticed anything related to the politics other than the helmet sticker, which has been the only individualistic representation that has been positive if not muted. It’s hypocritical, but positive. Cam, can’t have his Dad’s name on his eyes black, but he’s allowed to do the other?

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

For me I have enjoyed the season. I do fast forward to the game and that approach has worked for me. Volume down at commercials, tv off after the game is over. Check scores on line for my pickems. Yeah life is good in this regard.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Like I said, I watch YouTube highlights. Just put in the search engine "Pittsburgh Steelers" and what never week it is Like "week 3" week 4 ...

You'll be surprised at the amount of what you will find regarding that week. The highlights 1st QTR , 2nd QTR , 3rd QTR , 4th QTR are not just Highlites only, it's plays as the quarter progresses and the "usual" highlight plays. It's not your 10pm news highlights but way much more. Try it and you won't be disapointed.

ALSO I get my main info right here, STEELERNATION.COM Many here have way more insight to the team / game / rules / front office / and likely hood of what's going down than virtually any of the talking heads.

NFL Marketing - wise has done a pretty good job of trying to retain viewership. Like most here have said, the NFL has been limiting to less and less as the season progresses. Sure, some
Like us here are doing way less NFL than we ever have in the past but we are but small casualty. I read that FF leagues are up and I'm sure that affects viewership. I don't think the political BS affects the FF league's as much as the just "fan" population.

SO, overall I'd say the GREED MACHINE Marketing iOS doing exactly what they set out to do and that was to appease
both sides of the SJ Quadry..

Salute the nation

Like I said, I watch YouTube highlights. Just put in the search engine "Pittsburgh Steelers" and what never week it is Like "week 3" week 4 ...

You'll be surprised at the amount of what you will find regarding that week. The highlights 1st QTR , 2nd QTR , 3rd QTR , 4th QTR are not just Highlites only, it's plays as the quarter progresses and the "usual" highlight plays. It's not your 10pm news highlights but way much more. Try it and you won't be disapointed.

ALSO I get my main info right here, STEELERNATION.COM Many here have way more insight to the team / game / rules / front office / and likely hood of what's going down than virtually any of the talking heads.

NFL Marketing - wise has done a pretty good job of trying to retain viewership. Like most here have said, the NFL has been limiting to less and less as the season progresses. Sure, some
Like us here are doing way less NFL than we ever have in the past but we are but small casualty. I read that FF leagues are up and I'm sure that affects viewership. I don't think the political BS affects the FF league's as much as the just "fan" population.

SO, overall I'd say the GREED MACHINE Marketing iOS doing exactly what they set out to do and that was to appease
both sides of the SJ Quadry..

Salute the nation

I have a hard time not buying when I see something i like. I might have a condition. :welcoming:

Last edited:
After the opening week I haven't noticed anything. The only time you see a helmet sticker or message on the field when it happens to be in camera view, never intentionally done by the production crew. I've actually heard more about the NFL's Crucial Catch campaign that just started this month than I've heard about social justice.

I have a hard time not buying when I see something i like. I might have a condition. :welcoming:

There is NOT a doubt in my mind...................... That you have a condition...... :bolt::spinlogo:

Salute the nation

The political SJ has been slimmed down immensely and that is not what is keeping me from watching full games. It's the drop all cable / TV/ cost(s) that limits my watching, Oh and the ****** product contributes as well. By that I mean the cheating / felons / irregular punishments / officiating / rog / had job b*b / etc. MY CHOICE

Salute the nation

I'm black so my opinion on the topic is different.

Social injustice is social injustice. 2020 has been an extraordinary year of enlightenment an hopefully the country can get on the same page at some point.

The conversations required will be unconfirmed uncomfortable and difficult. The questions are - who's willing to talk about it? Who's willing to listen?

Go Steelers...

#endracism #consciouslyunbiased

Sent from my SM-N960U using Steeler Nation mobile app

I'll admit to watching the Steeelers, but haven't watched a single down of any other game. DVR, muting with music for background noise.

Having social issues shoved down everyone's throat when we live in the freest, most prosperous, land of opportunity in the world, is nothing but a politically motivated agenda that does nothing to quantify the perceived injustices.

Honestly this was more than I was planning to do, but Direct TV gave me the ticket free this year to lure me back. Won't happen.

Ditto

I cant imagine anything stopping me from watching Steeler games. I don't buy Jerseys anymore, don't go to games. don't buy merchandise. don't watch pregame, just watch the games

Social injustice is social injustice. 2020 has been an extraordinary year of enlightenment an hopefully the country can get on the same page at some point.

The conversations required will be unconfirmed uncomfortable and difficult. The questions are - who's willing to talk about it? Who's willing to listen?

Go Steelers...

I am 1000% against racism. I am white, but not a racist. When that message gets out, I'll start listening to the leftie hacks. Until then, they have intellectually alienated me beyond all hope.

I am 1000% against racism. I am white, but not a racist. When that message gets out, I'll start listening to the leftie hacks. Until then, they have intellectually alienated me beyond all hope.
Duly noted...

I get my football info from this site. Watching nothing. Wearing nothing. Buying nothing.

I feel ripped off over the political crap, and the obvious favoratism towards the cheats. I just can't abide this nonsense.

So, I don't.

Ditto. I'm more interested in fan reactions and discussion than the team itself at this point. This is a team that honored a man involved in a driveby shooting.

Go Steelers...

Cities have burned with mob violence and anarchy. Seems you should be asking those folks if they're willing to talk? Willing to listen?

This whole "we need to have a conversation" mantra is code for "you need to shut up and listen while I force feed you my grievances and what I need to exact from you because of them."

Go Steelers...

When you parade gang bangers and felons out into society and martyrdom causing communities to burn and people to die, making enemies of the police and targets of assassination, you KILL the conversation on racism and inequality. Racism DOES exist and it's absolutely stunning to me how many people that I know and love, when placed into an small group, start spewing racist bullshit. I've served with some of the finest human beings on the planet who I call brothers and sisters, some of which are minorities and I take such comments as disrespecting them and myself for having a relationship with people they feel are a butt of a joke. Pisses me off, and yes, they know it. Smiles wipe off of their faces real quick.

If you want to end Racism, Lets start having conversations based on truths and facts. Let's come to the realization that politicians have destroyed the nuclear family on purpose. Why have oriental families prospered by and large while Latino and Black families continue to be oppressed? Why are gangs and racial groups allowed to exist? Lets have those uncomfortable conversations. How? Well, we certainly can't have them on social media platforms because such conversations will be suppressed and labeled hate speech. Why is that? It's almost as if someone or something don't want those conversations to be had. huh, I wonder why?

A country divided is a country equally conquered.