• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial thoughts after the game

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Lucky ******* spot

but I'll take it

Pickens and DJ need to stop the stupidity

Canada still sucks but did have two good drives late for scores

The defense is great most of the time but can really piss me off other times

the CBs still need work. we can not stop the other teams top WR

TJ is a beast and turned the game with his INT

JPJ wll be a player

thank God their kicker sucks ***

1. Agree on the WRs. They did too many good things today to take it away with dumb penalties. Our margin of error is small, those types of penalties can turn a win into a loss.

2. The 4th quarter offense looked like an NFL offense. When are they going to try that for the entire game?

3. Broderick Jones should still be starting over Dan Moore. I don't care how Dan Moore performed today, Jones should be the man moving forward.

4. I'm not worried about Porter's tackling, I'm worried about the starting CBs poor coverage skills. Start him.

5. At some point this coaching staff needs to start to trust the offense and take off the training wheels. These types of wins will get you to 9-8 and a first-round exit against a good team.

Intentionally baiting them? Can we give them(the coaches) that much credit or were they lucky.
Don't think the coaches or luck contributed. Just Watt being instinctive and one of the best defensive players in the league.

I would have sworn Pickens was celebrating a catch today before the play was even over. I was almost hoping the Rams would take the ball from him just to teach him a lesson, but expecting him to learn from something like that might be too much to expect.

I would have sworn Pickens was celebrating a catch today before the play was even over. I was almost hoping the Rams would take the ball from him just to teach him a lesson, but expecting him to learn from something like that might be too much to expect.

The stupid stuff with Pickens and Johnson needs to stop.

Lucky it didn't cost them the game.

The offense really opened up when they began to stretch the field and Pickett had one of his best games throwing the ball 10+ yards (6/10 for 109 yards).
This has to be the most bizarre team in the NFL. They are predictably unpredictable.

Yes. Standing tall with outstretched arms while standing inbounds. Near the sideline but clearly inbounds.

Lucky ******* spot

but I'll take it

Pickens and DJ need to stop the stupidity

Canada still sucks but did have two good drives late for scores

The defense is great most of the time but can really piss me off other times

the CBs still need work. we can not stop the other teams top WR

TJ is a beast and turned the game with his INT

JPJ wll be a player

thank God their kicker sucks ***
This......and Darryl Johnson should be fired. Pretty clear when someone wants a result.

I REALLY hate our run defense. Every Joe Blow off the practice squad runs on them.

Try you know double covering the wideout who's carving you up.

Kenny Pickett is a winner! On target ,on point and clutch as ****.

DJ was a huge factor in opening things up for GP and vice versa.

We need the second half offense all game, but you earned your share of the W today.

Please smash the ******* Jags and don't play like ***. Thanks.

I'm still trying to figure out how this team is 4-2.

At what point do the Steelers try to see what they can do on offense for an entire game? Pickett looked legitimately good in the 4th quarter. Is he going to progress into a long-term answer or will he take the path of Mac Jones? He's yet to have a complete good game, but the offense is in such a turtle mode as a whole early on it's hard to judge.

At what point do the Steelers try to see what they can do on offense for an entire game? Pickett looked legitimately good in the 4th quarter. Is he going to progress into a long-term answer or will he take the path of Mac Jones? He's yet to have a complete good game, but the offense is in such a turtle mode as a whole early on it's hard to judge.
Good question for me just impossible to answer. I am looking at the entire picture, there is things to like and dislike. Still need to see more games and more from Kenny.

But I loved that 4th quarter for me that shows potential.

Don't think the coaches or luck contributed. Just Watt being instinctive and one of the best defensive players in the league.
Depends. Are we blaming coaching for the Pickens/DJ bullshit? Or was that just players being stupid at the absolute worst time possible?

My take, taunting has to be the dumbest rule in the NFL, these are grown men, not 6-year-olds that will have developmental issues.
Problem is some of the athletes act like 6yr olds and if taunting is not enforced it will lead to some ugly outcomes.
Offense was not as bad as in the past but they seemed to fall into the same trap the second and third quarters. When they use the middle of field with slants, getting the TE involved etc etc it just opens everything up. No idea why an nfl staff can not see this and decides to wait till the last minute. Ravens had the drops last week and this week the Rams kicker stinks.
TJs int was great, but i did not understand the D. Both TJ and Holcomb were lined up against WRs out wide. I guess Stafford thought it was easy pickings as well.

Reactions: GMC
Depends. Are we blaming coaching for the Pickens/DJ bullshit? Or was that just players being stupid at the absolute worst time possible?
I have enough to blame the coaches for. I blame bad player decisions. Doing it again this season? Then I would lean back to the coaches.