• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial thoughts

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
What a difference without canada

The TE was actually used a lot

Nice running by Najee today

Defense gave up some splash plays but made the stops when they had to

Picket looked better but still has work to do

WTF was DJ doing on the fumble?

Love Victory formation

TJ is a beast

Still love the Elandon Robert’s signing

What a difference without canada

The TE was actually used a lot

Nice running by Najee today

Defense gave up some splash plays but made the stops when they had to

Picket looked better but still has work to do

WTF was DJ doing on the fumble?

Love Victory formation

TJ is a beast

Still love the Elandon Robert’s signing
Thinking about the play before.

Amazing what getting rid of Canaduh does. Muuuth goes from 50ish yards on the season to over 100 for the game. Najee was a beast. KP looked good. He was accurate and made some nice throws. He was hit 2 or 3 times while he was throwing otherwise his numbers would have been even better and he should of had a TD pass if Tomlin would have challenged the TD on the opening drive. I need to hear his explanation for not challenging it. Like most of us, did he think it should have been automatically reviewed because it was in the endzone? TJ is awesome and I loved that sack by Herbig. He saw the QB, eyed him up from 10 yards away, and took off like a rocket to get the sack.

Walker? Thompson? damn.
Roberts- Wow
Harris- who questions this kid after today. again.
Shots for throwing over the middle- bad idea today.
the game wass not as close as the score indicated.
Canada is not the problem. anymore
Sullivan- great play calling!!

. I need to hear his explanation for not challenging it. Like most of us, did he think it should have been automatically reviewed because it was in the endzone?
Only scoring plays and TO are automatically reviewed outside 2 min..was a non scoring play according to refs so no auto review..... on Tomlin and his spotters

I can't help but think where Pickett and this offense could be if Canada was never here or if they hired a real OC before the season. Remarkable Tomlin took so long to end this failed hire.

This was progress from the offense and I loved seeing him use all parts of the field throwing the ball. Pickett's confidence took a 180 from last week.

Najee ran well today, big runs in big moments.

What's DJ's deal? Zero effort during any part of the fumble play. Was he still pouting about the missed TD or what?

Freiermuth reminded us why he's one of the better receiving tight ends in the league.

Next step is to get more points on the board. In theory they scored 23 today, but need to make that reality.

While the schedule is easy down the stretch, Arizona is better with Kyler and Indy has been solid and got another win today.

Pickett hasn't thrown a pick in 208 attempts. New Steeler record. :unsure:

72 completion percentage from that Kenny ******* Pickett!

Every Steeler fan in the world should now see how that O was handcuffed.

There might be 1, that needs to review the game——————————-

****-iN———-A

Salute the nation

I can't help but think where Pickett and this offense could be if Canada was never here or if they hired a real OC before the season. Remarkable Tomlin took so long to end this failed hire.
I’ll go back a little further…how about what happens Ben’s last year if he didn’t have Canada as the OC.

This was progress from the offense and I loved seeing him use all parts of the field throwing the ball. Pickett's confidence took a 180 from last week.

What's DJ's deal? Zero effort during any part of the fumble play. Was he still pouting about the missed TD or what?

Freiermuth reminded us why he's one of the better receiving tight ends in the league.

Next step is to get more points on the board. In theory they scored 23 today, but need to make that reality.

While the schedule is easy down the stretch, Arizona is better with Kyler and Indy has been solid and got another win today.
Which also means a world where they weren't just using Canada's play book, but an actual NFL play book

First game since Canada was here that we didn't use the jet sweep. Go figure.o_O

I kept saying when you force sideline thows it results in lower completion rates.

Also takes a hit on confidence. Which is what we were seeing.

Now he still needs to clean up his pocket premature evacuation, etc.

But there is a clear difference in what we saw today.

And they really only had a few days after Canada got shitcanned.

Kinda pisses me off we wasted 3 years with that guy.
Definitely.

Big waste of our time. 448 always pointed out his substandard past, but yet they kept him way past what they should have.

More points would have been nice. Just about everyone played well, and only the lack of a Tomlin challenge on DJ's TD really stands out.